Gear placement and indicator

HF5

HF5

Jun 8, 2020
Conway
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the opportunity to join in on knowledgeable since.
I've read plenty of post on the indicator from 2W to Turf mode and making sure the shift selector in the box under the rear seat is set between the marks on the side of the box. I spent a couple hours adjusting and I have it to where It does what its suppose to do in and out of gears with the dash indicator. We went riding this weekend and I noticed when I run in low gear or Manual it didnt acknowledge it on the dash selector screen. Any words on this

Reactions: TripleB and TxDoc
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
For some vehicles the adjustment can be very sensitive.
The shift lever pulls on one of the cables coming in to the front of the flux capacitor (the adjustment box thing, see the link) when it moves side ways in Park.
There is just a little bit of pull on that cable when shifting PRNDL.
So, adjust that cable just a little until it works in D and L.

Sorry, don't remember which cable you want to adjust.
When you get the lid off the box move the gear lever in and out of P and it will be obvious.
Good luck, your going to Need it.

HF5

HF5

Jun 8, 2020
Conway
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For some vehicles the adjustment can be very sensitive.
The shift lever pulls on one of the cables coming in to the front of the flux capacitor (the adjustment box thing, see the link) when it moves side ways in Park.
There is just a little bit of pull on that cable when shifting PRNDL.
So, adjust that cable just a little until it works in D and L.

Sorry, don't remember which cable you want to adjust.
When you get the lid off the box move the gear lever in and out of P and it will be obvious.
Good luck, your going to Need it.
I will definitely make more adjustments because I cant stand something not working properly. I just hit 130 miles this weekend and it has been really great. Thanks for the info

Reactions: lee and TripleB
Schmeg

Schmeg

Jan 9, 2020
Bangor Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Let’s not confuse the cable adjustments for “PRNDL” and ”turf/2WD lock, 4WD”. They are on two different cable systems. The cable adjustment for the sub transmission “PRNDL” is under the battery box. The cable junction box under and behind the drivers seat is just for “drive mode” (turf, 2WD lock etc). For that box, lift the drivers side rear wheel. Align the shift bracket as you described, then play with the cable adjustment until you can reliably get the rear wheel to lock and unlock when switching between modes. Once that is done, test drive in auto. If the sub transmission doesn’t shift properly between D and L, then remove the battery and adjust that cable for that shift lever. If the LCD panel is not displaying the proper gear in “manual”, then that’s another problem.

HF5

HF5

Jun 8, 2020
Conway
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Let’s not confuse the cable adjustments for “PRNDL” and ”turf/2WD lock, 4WD”. They are on two different cable systems. The cable adjustment for the sub transmission “PRNDL” is under the battery box. The cable junction box under and behind the drivers seat is just for “drive mode” (turf, 2WD lock etc). For that box, lift the drivers side rear wheel. Align the shift bracket as you described, then play with the cable adjustment until you can reliably get the rear wheel to lock and unlock when switching between modes. Once that is done, test drive in auto. If the sub transmission doesn’t shift properly between D and L, then remove the battery and adjust that cable for that shift lever. If the LCD panel is not displaying the proper gear in “manual”, then that’s another problem.
This is on a pioneer 1000-5 just so no one gets the wrong idea. It shifts fine between H and L it's just when you put it in L or in Manual it doesnt show the 2Wlock on the screen. Thanks for the reply on this

Schmeg

Schmeg

Jan 9, 2020
Bangor Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hmm. Odd. Now I’ll just have to go check mine in the morning.

advertisement
HF5

HF5

Jun 8, 2020
Conway
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll check more into it just to have knowledge on it. Thanks for the help
Ok so I just went out and checked and it does show up in Low and in Manual and both at the same time, I guess I need to turn that one nut just a little more for it to pick up better. Sorry to bother yall about this and there's more help for others in the future.

Schmeg

Schmeg

Jan 9, 2020
Bangor Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok so I just went out and checked and it does show up in Low and in Manual and both at the same time, I guess I need to turn that one nut just a little more for it to pick up better. Sorry to bother yall about this and there's more help for others in the future.
No waste of time at all. Quite the contrary. This just highlights the sensitivity of the cable adjustments.

HF5

HF5

Jun 8, 2020
Conway
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It does,
No waste of time at all. Quite the contrary. This just highlights the sensitivity of the cable adjustments.
It sure does, I worked on it for 2 evenings and a couple hours a piece to adjust it the first time to find out 1 more turn. Thanks again

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!