BOX1

P1000 Gear Reduction

B

brianwilliams15

Jul 12, 2021
Sheridan AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I purchased a 2018 1000-5 this past week. it only had 70 miles on and not a scratch or speck of dust. It has 35" moto havocs. I went for a ride yesterday, and tried to go up small inbankment and it would not pull up the hill. The tires would not even turn over. The machine just bogged down. I had to hook to my sons rubicon 520 to get up the little hill. When we got back to the truck I decided to load the machine without gettingthe ramps out on the trailer. Front tires went up on trailer fine, but it would not pull the back tires up on trailer with a dove tail. All of this was in Low gear also. So i am assuming that I need gear reduction. I do not want to go much taller than what I am right now. I am not looking to be a bounty hole rider either. I just want to be able to ride in style and comfort with my kids. what is the best solution for gear reduction? will a 4" portal with 30% be enough, or would i have to go with 6" portal with 45%?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have been riding stock ranger since 2012, and this is my first Honda with lift and big tires. HELP!!

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow, who built that thing? I hope he told you it wasn't finished, and you'll need this, this, and that to finish it...

What's gone into the build thus far? Are you planning on staying with the 35s?

B

brianwilliams15

Jul 12, 2021
Sheridan AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow, who built that thing? I hope he told you it wasn't finished, and you'll need this, this, and that to finish it...

What's gone into the build thus far? Are you planning on staying with the 35s?
When the man bought it from the dealership it had 6” portals and 45s. When he got home it would not fit in his shop so he sold the portals and 45s and bought 35s. He literally never drove the machine off of gravel road. He plays golf with my dad.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bet the 1-3-5 clutch was screaming for mercy!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!