gear selection lever

T

tiogajoe

Aug 21, 2013
Hi,

Just got my 4 seater on Friday and have put only about 25 miles on it. I notice that the shift lever is hard to move beteween gears once in awhile? Most of the time it's no problem at all but sometimes I have to jiggle it around to go into gear? I t could be that it just needed to be broken in? Anyone else notice this? :?:

B

Bobbo64

Aug 28, 2013
Picked up my 700-4 Thursday. My wife and I have put around 25 miles on ours also. Yes sometimes I have trouble with the gearshift like you. Can you hear the gears in yours clinging sometimes and do you feel a slight vibration at low speeds every now and then? Maybe I just need to drive it a little more. Other than those few things I am loving it. Worked this weekend building a winch mount for mine, not that hard to do. I didn't want to pay $250.00 for a mount kit and besides the winch kit mounts will not be out till next month.

red4life

red4life

Aug 13, 2013
70 miles so far. Same gearshift deal here.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ya. I have trouble too sometime. but only from R to N.

@Bobbo64 Got any pictures of the winch mount? Post them on the winch topic please.

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
Same here on going from Reverse to Neutral. I found that if I shut the engine off then start agin, it will shift fine.
This happens on first start up, after it runs awhile, I haven't noticed it happening.

B

brando4905

Sep 10, 2013
Marion, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Same on mine, I just figured it's a break in thing. Doesn't seem to happen once warmed up good.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I did a search and came up with this old post. My 2016 P700-2 has this problem. Very difficult to shift into forward or reverse. I've even forced it the shift lever from neutral to the forward position and the trans isn't shifted. This concerns me. Has anyone found a solution?

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
My only advice is to tell you that you can't shift these things gently or slowly, and be sure you're at a complete stop. I have experienced what you are talking about too but I've found if you move the lever abruptly and deliberately it "thunks" into gear every time. I hoped this would get better with time but after almost 2500 miles I think this is just how it is.

Reactions: Hondasxs
TimmyBoy84

TimmyBoy84

Aug 5, 2015
Southern California
When I picked mine up I was told to press down on the brake peddle harder and it makes shifting into gears easier. I've actually noticed that it helps.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
When I picked mine up I was told to press down on the brake peddle harder and it makes shifting into gears easier. I've actually noticed that it helps.

This is interesting. I'll try it. And I'll try shifting faster (harder).

Reactions: Tflynn
advertisement
roadturtle59

roadturtle59

Dec 4, 2015
I did a search and came up with this old post. My 2016 P700-2 has this problem. Very difficult to shift into forward or reverse. I've even forced it the shift lever from neutral to the forward position and the trans isn't shifted. This concerns me. Has anyone found a solution?
I sprayed silicone spray from inside the Pioneer right on the shift levers and the linkage. It fixed mine. I soaked it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!