P700 Gear Shift Lever Question

Cessna 150-150

Cessna 150-150

May 15, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I took delivery of a new 2021, 700 - 2 Deluxe a couple weeks ago and the gear shift lever does not always have full travel between Neutral to Reverse or from Neutral to Drive and it hangs up before it reaches the slot it's supposed to fall in to at each location.

It doesn't act up all the time but it does it a lot and it's comforting when it does smoothly move and then effortlessly drops into the slot.

It never fails to actually engage the transmission so I can drive forward or backwards whether or not the shift lever has slid into the slot or not.

Any comments from the peanut gallery??

Thanks in advance.

Thorney

Thorney

Mar 21, 2021
Minnesota / Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-4
My new 700-4 does this too. I just started using a little more force to move the lever all the way. I figure it is just a little tight, and needs to break in. It goes into and out of gear just fine.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I took delivery of a new 2021, 700 - 2 Deluxe a couple weeks ago and the gear shift lever does not always have full travel between Neutral to Reverse or from Neutral to Drive and it hangs up before it reaches the slot it's supposed to fall in to at each location.

It doesn't act up all the time but it does it a lot and it's comforting when it does smoothly move and then effortlessly drops into the slot.

It never fails to actually engage the transmission so I can drive forward or backwards whether or not the shift lever has slid into the slot or not.

Any comments from the peanut gallery??

Thanks in advance.
Give it hell every time you shift. It will get better with time. Slam it to ensure it engages. 😎

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!