BOX1

Gearing down in trails when low speed

Bigelmr

Bigelmr

Jul 24, 2021
Grundy county TN
Ownership

1. Talon X
I was wandering if anyone was having the same problem as I am. When just cruising in trails it seems my talon x doesn't know what gear to stay in. It downshifts a lot.. if so any ideas on how to fix it..thx

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I think that's just the gearing software, mine downshifts more than I'd prefer; then again, it'll lug pretty low when chugging uphill. It's possible that yours is hunting gears but you'd have to compare it with another Talon, not all that easy since there seem to be so few of them around.

ETA: you aren't in Sport Mode are you?

obtw: Welcome to the site from the once great state of Colorado. :cool:

The link in my sig will take you to some basic Talon tidbits if you haven't seen it.

Last edited:
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
I was wandering if anyone was having the same problem as I am. When just cruising in trails it seems my talon x doesn't know what gear to stay in. It downshifts a lot.. if so any ideas on how to fix it..thx
Just get use to it . It downshifts to save the clutch . You can always just flick it up . As you get some miles under your belt you will get happy with the shifting .

IDIOT

IDIOT

Nov 30, 2018
Kingman, Az.
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Dynojet makes a software flash that will fix that but you will give up a small amount of engine braking.

Reactions: CID
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!