Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Alright
Just returned from a ride in the Ocala NF in Central Florida.
The boss said we need a windsheild!!!!!
So what glass windsheilds do you guys have and what are the

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
I have the Honda full Hardcoat Poly front and rear wind screens on my Talons. We offer glass, Poly and Poly hard coat with the brand we sell. I've seen many poly screens scratched and marred, numerous glass windscreens cracked or broken, but the hard coat screens are impervious to most scratching and never seen one cracked or broken. The glass windshields are also much heavier. The rear windscreen cuts way down on the dust inside the driver's compartment when used with a front. Just my $.02

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I agree with needing a back window - I have the SATV flip up for cold and the occasional rain but I can't have it down when it's dusty or I get dusted out with no back window. Two seater though.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I have the SATV flip-up poly windshield on my P1K5, but decided to go with the SATV full glass on my Talon. Love it. I will most likely be replacing the flip-up on the P1K5 with a full glass windshield, too.

Solved the "it gets too hot with a full glass windshield" problem by installing some radiator fans above our head with PVM controllers in a custom 3D printed box mounted to the ROPS:

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have a SATV rear plastic panel. I had a SATV flipup and did not care for it. At 6'3"+ the hinge portion was right in my line of vision.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I have a SATV rear plastic panel. I had a SATV flipup and did not care for it. At 6'3"+ the hinge portion was right in my line of vision.
I have the same rear panel (along with my front glass and the fan setup). Love it.

Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I originally had the Super ATV glass windshield. It was inexpensive but did not seal very well at the hood. I have since replaced it with the Honda OEM glass windshield and like it better. It seals much better to the hood and the frame is much leaner, so less blindspots. The downside is no venting, but I installed some Tusk adjustable side deflectors, and that provided better ventilation than the vents on the SuperATV windshield. I have the Super ATV plastic rear wind screen, and it works OK. I had to modify it slightly to get the upper rear bracket to work. I think if I bought another rear windscreen, I would buy the Tusk glass one with the aluminum frame. My old Pioneer had a hardcoated poly front windshield, and I had problems with it getting scratched by the wiper. So I went with glass on the Talon.

Last edited:
Reactions: BWAF and Smitty335
lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X
I went with glass with aluminum frame front and rear. So easy to clean and don't worry about scratching them. When they get dirty, Windex and a paper towel and they are clean, no special plastic cleaner needed. Windshield wiper works great with no scratching. Vents on lower part of the windshield. I forget the brand name on them both, but can get them for you if you want them.

Reactions: BWAF and Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!