Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Anyone recently purchase a mesh wind/ bug screen for their p1000-5?
It seems to me that they no longer make them. I've been looking for awhile now.
You are right, havent seen them in a long time. Might not have been that popular to keep making.

BTW looking at your location, what state is USA?

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Anyone recently purchase a mesh wind/ bug screen for their p1000-5?
It seems to me that they no longer make them. I've been looking for awhile now.
Rouge made a good product. Too bad they went outta business. I love mine for my P1k5. Absolutely the best way to keep cool and nearly dust free IMO.

SALTYone

SALTYone

Lifetime Member
Dec 15, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Had my local boat tarp / upholstery shop make me one. 4 Velcro straps on each side works and 4 across the top OK. Not as good as the Original Rogue brand, but works.

I think Rogue was out of Texas.
I might have to go that route, thanks for info

Reactions: Backwoods
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'm in Maine. Dust isn't my biggest problem, we got horse flies the size of Buffalo when u get into the woods
Main, nice area! Too bad your government blows. Might want to fix your location in your info. Helps on many fronts for the forum.

As for your screen, why not get a solid fiberglass windshield with vents. Sizmic makes a cool on that would Work for ya.
There is a guy on here that is selling one with shipping. Youll just have to search for it

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Main, nice area! Too bad your government blows. Might want to fix your location in your info. Helps on many fronts for the forum.

As for your screen, why not get a solid fiberglass windshield with vents. Sizmic makes a cool on that would Work for ya.
There is a guy on here that is selling one with shipping. Youll just have to search for it
Unfortunately it’s not even close to being as cool / dust reduction…IMO. Ive been trying to find one for the talon as well. Probably just going to a boat / tarp shop as NH2 did.

advertisement
SALTYone

SALTYone

Lifetime Member
Dec 15, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I agree with you our current government sucks!
I started out with a solid glass windshield, then switched to an satv flip up. It was better but I really like the having all the airflow of no windshield at all, minus the bugs.

Reactions: Remington
SALTYone

SALTYone

Lifetime Member
Dec 15, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Unfortunately it’s not even close to being as cool / dust reduction…IMO. Ive been trying to find one for the talon as well. Probably just going to a boat / tarp shop as NH2 did.
I agree

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I agree with you our current government sucks!
I started out with a solid glass windshield, then switched to an satv flip up. It was better but I really like the having all the airflow of no windshield at all, minus the bugs.
I went with the SATV glass with lower vents and added tornado fans to circulate air they work very well. I like the natural air as well fo sho have had many other types of windshields since 16’ on my P1 and Talon. We have sand dust/silt up the ass here. The glass has been the best solution for me.
When Snuff, Joey and Plumber came up to ride here, one of them had the screen. The silt that collected just clouded my vision when I drove the rig. Drove me Bat $hit