P1000m5 Winter Windsheild

S

Skjerv40

May 14, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thinking a little ahead for winter. Wondering if there is any advise on what type or brand/model to run for plowing snow. I have a poly one like pictured with slide out vents. Will probably do the job but not really well. It is quite thin, not the best fit or seal, and I will have to run a short wiper. Wondering if glass is my best bet or if there is a more cost friendly option out there that does a nice job. Thanks. 8b5af1cf27a3498b4cfd40b42da6ae18

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thinking a little ahead for winter. Wondering if there is any advise on what type or brand/model to run for plowing snow. I have a poly one like pictured with slide out vents. Will probably do the job but not really well. It is quite thin, not the best fit or seal, and I will have to run a short wiper. Wondering if glass is my best bet or if there is a more cost friendly option out there that does a nice job. Thanks. View attachment 85733

You guys in the North have to set your rigs up way differently than us Southern boys, In my 60 years, we've only had one 24 inch snow, was completely gone in four days, sure was fun for two days!

S

Skjerv40

May 14, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep we get some horribly cold weather up here in northern Minnesota and quite a bit of snow too. There’s always some point in December where I think why the hell do I live here and why would anyone else. I am pretty excited though because I have a half mile long driveway and for the last five years I’ve been plowing it with a 500 sportsman. There are times when the wind chill is -40 below in white out conditions. I remember the first time I did it I got to the end of the driveway and turned around into the wind. I couldn’t even breathe. I bought a nice snowmobile helmet the next day and that made it bearable. This year I’m going to be inside my pioneer 1000-5 with the heater on and the radio up pushing with a 72 inch plow. Life will be good.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yep we get some horribly cold weather up here in northern Minnesota and quite a bit of snow too. There’s always some point in December where I think why the hell do I live here and why would anyone else. I am pretty excited though because I have a half mile long driveway and for the last five years I’ve been plowing it with a 500 sportsman. There are times when the wind chill is -40 below in white out conditions. I remember the first time I did it I got to the end of the driveway and turned around into the wind. I couldn’t even breathe. I bought a nice snowmobile helmet the next day and that made it bearable. This year I’m going to be inside my pioneer 1000-5 with the heater on and the radio up pushing with a 72 inch plow. Life will be good.

Sounds good, you do any ice fishing?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!