BOX1

P1000m5 Gone over to the Dark Side

H

HondaTech

I hope to god it’s not just full of automotive based electronics and untested technical bulls***. Sometimes simple works and keeps working. We just about bought the 19 Yxz but will wait a year and see how they actually compare. Dont need the possible 200hp of the Yami but want a solid machine that performs and doesn’t have a ton of service bulletins.

It certainly wont be the fastest, but the quality is suppose to be heads and shoulders above anything Honda has now.

The doors supposedly shut better than a new ridgeline, the interior is unmatched.

J

JTW

I hope to god it’s not just full of automotive based electronics and untested technical bulls***. Sometimes simple works and keeps working. We just about bought the 19 Yxz but will wait a year and see how they actually compare. Dont need the possible 200hp of the Yami but want a solid machine that performs and doesn’t have a ton of service bulletins.
I agree.. they don’t need any f*** ups with this one.

J

JTW

Thats going to be the factor that sells it or let's it sit on our lots.

I think some guys wont give a damm, I mean look at the RZR and X3 pricing now. Who though we'd see $30k SXS's?
I agree.. I sure hope they don’t try that. 19-25k and it will move

Reactions: BWAF
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It certainly wont be the fastest, but the quality is suppose to be heads and shoulders above anything Honda has now.

The doors supposedly shut better than a new ridgeline, the interior is unmatched.
Well I’m one of those guys that checks doors on every car through the shop so that means something.
I’m pretty real and upfront, usually say too much so hear goes. I hope you’re right and not saying anything because I don’t know yet but Honda is still new to the game and the Pioneer 1000 started life with major issues. I love the machine truly and after 2 epic failures I’m still in one. Can’t f***ing say I’m not dedicated, anyone else would’ve been gone. Look at the snowflakes that can’t handle seat heat, dust or poor seating because of wheelbase and move on. I’m just saying they need to hit a home run this time without major issues. Reasonably priced and dependable.

J

JTW

Well I’m one of those guys that checks doors on every car through the shop so that means something.
I’m pretty real and upfront, usually say too much so hear goes. I hope you’re right and not saying anything because I don’t know yet but Honda is still new to the game and the Pioneer 1000 started life with major issues. I love the machine truly and after 2 epic failures I’m still in one. Can’t f***ing say I’m not dedicated, anyone else would’ve been gone. Look at the snowflakes that can’t handle seat heat, dust or poor seating because of wheelbase and move on. I’m just saying they need to hit a home run this time without major issues. Reasonably priced and dependable.
I can say I probably wouldn’t have made it to a third one...

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.

Honda needs to do a 180 on their accessories. Instead of having some company design a half ass (at best) cab system for them after the machine is built, the machine needs to be designed from the ground up with the cab in mind.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Honda needs to do a 180 on their accessories. Instead of having some company design a half ass (at best) cab system for them after the machine is built, the machine needs to be designed from the ground up with the cab in mind.

That's no s***! Honda's cab options are crap and you're right half assed at best. I knew I wasn't ever going to have a full cab so I ignored that problem. If I did need a full cab I'd probably own a Can Am Defender 10. If they made a cab system like Can Am or Polaris they would be selling a s*** load more of them.

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That's no s***! Honda's cab options are crap and you're right half assed at best. I knew I wasn't ever going to have a full cab so I ignored that problem. If I did need a full cab I'd probably own a Can Am Defender 10. If they made a cab system like Can Am or Polaris they would be selling a s*** load more of them.
Unless you're tall, I'm 6' 4" and can't fit in the Can Am comfortably. I hope the Talon addresses the seats.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Unless you're tall, I'm 6' 4" and can't fit in the Can Am comfortably. I hope the Talon addresses the seats.
Yea that's tough too. I'm 6'2" and theres not a lot of room for my knees. It's hard to find a good jack of all trades machine but the pioneer does pretty darn well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
Thats going to be the factor that sells it or let's it sit on our lots.

I think some guys wont give a damm, I mean look at the RZR and X3 pricing now. Who though we'd see $30k SXS's?

i watch a pretty good youtube video on this subject. It went into the leaps and bounds that SxS's have come since the OG rhino and little 800 trail rzr. Today you are buying miniature (and granted not by much) trophy trucks. you get nearly 170 hp, 32" tires, 25" of travel with smart suspension. they have navigation and actively track your riding buddies. And to address the argument that "you can keep that ill just go buy a jeep"... you do that and please get out of the way so that we can rip past you on the trails while your granny low crawling. you can take these machines out of the box and rip and roar competitively in king of hammers. so yea 30k for a SxS seems crazy..... until you think about it

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Im not sure I would have made it to number 2 after the failures you had. I love Honda ATV's which led me to the SXS, but honestly im not SXS loyal to anyone like i am with ATV's. The innovation and multiple seating on the short wheelbase is what brought me to the Honda. But the more I ride the more I miss having something sporty.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Im not sure I would have made it to number 2 after the failures you had. I love Honda ATV's which led me to the SXS, but honestly im not SXS loyal to anyone like i am with ATV's. The innovation and multiple seating on the short wheelbase is what brought me to the Honda. But the more I ride the more I miss having something sporty.
Me too. We bought the Pioneer because of seating and size then fact of Honda, it needed to be a family rig. I can’t say we’d own it if it was just wife and I. Love the machine though and will be keeping it! Heavily looking at Yxz to answer that inner craving. The Pioneer is very capable and nothing touches it for seating ability but when you just want to hang it out it’s pretty heavy.

Last edited:
J

JTW

i watch a pretty good youtube video on this subject. It went into the leaps and bounds that SxS's have come since the OG rhino and little 800 trail rzr. Today you are buying miniature (and granted not by much) trophy trucks. you get nearly 170 hp, 32" tires, 25" of travel with smart suspension. they have navigation and actively track your riding buddies. And to address the argument that "you can keep that ill just go buy a jeep"... you do that and please get out of the way so that we can rip past you on the trails while your granny low crawling. you can take these machines out of the box and rip and roar competitively in king of hammers. so yea 30k for a SxS seems crazy..... until you think about it
It’s still retarded!

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Me too. We bought the Pioneer because of seating and size then fact of Honda, it needed to be a family rig. I can’t say we’d own it if it was just wife and I. Love the machine though and will be keeping it! Heavily looking at Yxz to answer that inner craving. The Pioneer is very capable and nothing touches it for seating ability but when you just want to hang it out it’s pretty heavy.
yep, i got mine so the family can ride, but my wife doesnt like to and most all my trips are just me with buddies. When im with the kids they are usually riding their own around a local park, and id be better off on an ATV with them... cant say the thought of going to something else hasnt been crossing my mind.. im missing the sportiness.

H

HondaTech

Accessories are suppose to be plentiful and much wider in scope.

Roofs are standard from the info I've gathered.

B

boatman22

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2016
Woodlands TX
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Other Brand
She can give you a ride home when you're can yam breaks down.

Funny you say that but.....not the CanAm but her. We went on a vacation to Glamis and Lake Havasu last week. Long story we never test drove the P500 dealer delivered it to us. Took it off the trailer and it would not go faster than 10 mph in AT. MT with paddles we could get maybe 20mph ( yes seat belt was fastened). Loaded back on the trailer and shared the X3 for 2 days. As we came thru Parker AZ on the way to Havasu we dropped off at a Honda dealer. Long story short that called and said that the clutches need to be adjusted but Honda won't pay because of the aftermarket tires and wheels. I left it in Az and now have dueling dealers on who will pay. Selling dealer installed all the accessories.

J

JTW

Funny you say that but.....not the CanAm but her. We went on a vacation to Glamis and Lake Havasu last week. Long story we never test drove the P500 dealer delivered it to us. Took it off the trailer and it would not go faster than 10 mph in AT. MT with paddles we could get maybe 20mph ( yes seat belt was fastened). Loaded back on the trailer and shared the X3 for 2 days. As we came thru Parker AZ on the way to Havasu we dropped off at a Honda dealer. Long story short that called and said that the clutches need to be adjusted but Honda won't pay because of the aftermarket tires and wheels. I left it in Az and now have dueling dealers on who will pay. Selling dealer installed all the accessories.
That’s bulls***... the dealer is trying to f*** you.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!