BOX1

P700 Gone to the dark side

R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well everyone it looks like I have gone to the dark side. I just purchased a Yamaha RMAX4 1000 RTX. My little 700-4 deluxe has been an indestructible machine. It is getting the 600 mile service done on it. It has played well above its weight but just needed a little bigger machine to carry 4 people. I didn't use the dump bed like I thought I would so opted for something without one. The same person in my area that owns the Honda dealership also owns the Kawasaki and Yamaha dealership too. I thought I was going to purchase a tyrex 800 4 but when my wife saw the Rmax 1000 she said that was the one. I still plan on staying on here and everyone has been awesome. My 700 was my first SxS and still have it. Thanks everyone for all the help and guidance. Here is a pic of the new ride on the showroom floor.

NewRmax

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Congrats @Rigit I really like the RMAX, @Jombeh has one and I've driven it a couple times, if I ever replace the Donkey (P500) the RMAX is probably what I'll get.

FJC 79

FJC 79

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well everyone it looks like I have gone to the dark side. I just purchased a Yamaha RMAX4 1000 RTX. My little 700-4 deluxe has been an indestructible machine. It is getting the 600 mile service done on it. It has played well above its weight but just needed a little bigger machine to carry 4 people. I didn't use the dump bed like I thought I would so opted for something without one. The same person in my area that owns the Honda dealership also owns the Kawasaki and Yamaha dealership too. I thought I was going to purchase a tyrex 800 4 but when my wife saw the Rmax 1000 she said that was the one. I still plan on staying on here and everyone has been awesome. My 700 was my first SxS and still have it. Thanks everyone for all the help and guidance. Here is a pic of the new ride on the showroom floor.

View attachment 364077
congrats and glad Ya are still hanging around

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

View attachment 364077
Good to hear your still going to hang around!

R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
And at least it's not a polaris 🤣
Never a Polaris. Didn't even cross my mind for one of those! The dealer I bought it from has the Honda dealership along with Kawasaki, Yamaha, and Polaris just down the road from each other. I will definitely stay on this site and keep everyone up to date on how it all goes. I have been a Guinee pig for the 700 on a few things so maybe I helped someone out. One of my last tasks as a honda owner was to direct my neighbor to the Honda dealer I bought mine from. He brought home a new 2023 Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe about 4 days ago. I can't have the honda team depleted by my departure so had to bring someone else on board. :) The 1000-5 is still one of the quietest, if not the quietest, SxS on the market but I just needed a true 4 person hauler without being 9 miles long. I really didn't use the dump bed like I thought I would either. I think this new RMAX will fill my needs well

Bow4life

Bow4life

Supporting Member
Mar 5, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Congrats, that's a sharp looking rig. If I didnt have a 1k5 the Rmax would be my next choice...I just use the bed on my pioneer too much....I have had a yamaha grizzly for 14 years and it's been a fantastic machine....I think honda and yamaha are very close in the quality of machine they put out....best of luck with the Rmax!

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 364077
Congratulations! I think it is a solid choice tbh.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 364077
Congratulations. You will for sure adore the rmax over a 700. I would argue the rmax would shame the tyrex easily. Yamaha made a really nice unit with the 1000.

R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
Your wife has steered you well! Now buy her a ton of accessories for her new machine.👍
Good idea Smitty. I think she will like that too! We are getting the blinker kit installed along with swapping out the windshield that came on it. Already has a stereo that I can add on to, Adventure Pro and a winch. That will get me started. I really don't ride much at night except for hunting season and I have a couple of high-powered spotlights to locate downed deer if it gets dark. The Yamaha has two lighter plugs in it, one in the front passanger seat and another on drivers side back seat. That is perfect for how we find downed deer. I put LED headlights in the 700 that made them good enough for what I did so never really needed a light bar. I am adding a net across the back to help dust. I have seen videos showing how much it helps for dust coming in the back on the Yamaha. I haven't had a chance to even take it offroad at all yet. Keeps storming around here. Have more moving in on Tuesday and clear up just long enough to move back in for the weekend. Gees!!!

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I am adding a net across the back to help dust. I have seen videos showing how much it helps for dust coming in the back on the Yamaha
Would love to see that! Must have been going 10mph or less 🤣 I tried that and I think it made the dust finer

R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
Would love to see that! Must have been going 10mph or less 🤣 I tried that and I think it made the dust finer
I know on my 700 it didn't make hardly any noticeable difference. I am hoping with the extra length on the RMAX and the different shape of the roofline it changes the air flow through and over the top enough that a rear netting will help. If it doesn't at least there will be a sunshade to help keep the heat off the back passengers. Had to try something on this one too. I keep thinking that someday some kind of air flow diverter or something will help. I have read that some people put some sort of vents on their roof to change the air flow that helps some. Gotta keep hoping. Maybe I can just outrun the dust in this thing. :)

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!