BOX1

Good off road utility trailer for yard work?

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve got one about like this... why not just go this kind of route where you can actually do something with it?

View attachment 188543

I went to pull the trigger on a polar 1500 trailer...

Much smaller than I thought it was!

I’m thinking you are right! Need to go bigger. Maybe I can use the base set of tires I have for the P1K5 and build what I want. Just have to find a set of spindles and hubs.

Guess the sammich maker can help with the turf repair if necessary.

Reactions: JTW
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I’m thinking you are right! Need to go bigger. Maybe I can use the base set of tires I have for the P1K5 and build what I want. Just have to find a set of spindles and hubs.

Lots of guys out there upgrading arms. Maybe buy a set of rear arms and shocks? then grab a set of used knuckles from ebay?

You will need the outer CV stub to secure the hub to the knuckle though. Maybe play nice with some of the members that have broken axles recently and buy the outer cv unit.

J

JTW

If you really want to get ambitious and buy something handy... look for a small second hand hydraulic dump trailer. Great for brush, gravel, dirt, trash... or whatever.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you really want to get ambitious and buy something handy... look for a small second hand hydraulic dump trailer. Great for brush, gravel, dirt, trash... or whatever.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Single axel jobbers can be picked up for around 2500 new in my area.

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
How durable is it?

Would you be afraid to fill it with a bunch of rock or pavers?

Finally remembered to get a photo. I did 7 loads today out our club. I do put a piece of scrap plywood on the bottom.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!