P500 Got a great deal on a P500

AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
Wow I didn't know about the different oil needs, but I always ran regular motor oil in my older Hondas and never had any problems. Thanks for the info !
Don't go against the recommended oil. Saving a couple of dollars can end up costing you huge later. The best thing you can do for these machines is regular oil changes with the right stuff!

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don't go against the recommended oil. Saving a couple of dollars can end up costing you huge later. The best thing you can do for these machines is regular oil changes with the right stuff!
Solid advice @AlR

Reactions: Mudwing
SpaceTroll

SpaceTroll

Jul 8, 2018
Kirbyville Tx
Ownership

1. 500
What does a locker do ? I know my rear end is full time positive traction. Does the locker make the front differential full time. I really don't do any "mudding" per say, but i do occasionally have to go through som mud holes or swampy places.
Thanks for the link. Very interesting ! I just may go for it this summer.
Chooglin hit the nail on the head. I'm not far from Deweyville. If you ever want to compare one with the locker to one without just give me a shout. I'm in and out of the forum pretty regular. I'm on a couple of hunting clubs up around Newton if you want ride sometimes to see if it's something you might want.

Reactions: Txlaman
Txlaman

Txlaman

Jan 14, 2019
Deweyville, Texas
Ownership

1. 500
Chooglin hit the nail on the head. I'm not far from Deweyville. If you ever want to compare one with the locker to one without just give me a shout. I'm in and out of the forum pretty regular. I'm on a couple of hunting clubs up around Newton if you want ride sometimes to see if it's something you might want.
Thanks for the reply AND for the invitation Space Troll. You can contact my by email ... rimfire70 at gmail.com .. I typed it that way because most of these sites don't allow links. .. Johnny

Txlaman

Txlaman

Jan 14, 2019
Deweyville, Texas
Ownership

1. 500
After my Polaris 500 left me afoot in the woods for the second time I decided it was time for a change. I have owned Hondas for nearly 50 years (I'm 71) and had never had one break down on me so it was a no brainer what my next machine would be. I shopped around and found this 2016 P500 with only 25 hours and 93 miles on it. The owner had purchased it to hunt with and was unaware that side by sides were not allowed in the WMA where he hunted. He had installed a roof, a front bumper, and after market 14 inch wheels with 27 inch mud lites on them. He was only asking pay-off and so I got it for $7000. I was ecstatic and snatched it up.View attachment 110962

My wife says everything I do is a work in progress. LOL So, here's what it looks like today.
Creative

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!