P500 Got a great deal on a P500

Txlaman

Txlaman

Jan 14, 2019
Deweyville, Texas
Ownership

1. 500
After my Polaris 500 left me afoot in the woods for the second time I decided it was time for a change. I have owned Hondas for nearly 50 years (I'm 71) and had never had one break down on me so it was a no brainer what my next machine would be. I shopped around and found this 2016 P500 with only 25 hours and 93 miles on it. The owner had purchased it to hunt with and was unaware that side by sides were not allowed in the WMA where he hunted. He had installed a roof, a front bumper, and after market 14 inch wheels with 27 inch mud lites on them. He was only asking pay-off and so I got it for $7000. I was ecstatic and snatched it up.
2016P500

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Welcome, good to have alot of the mods already done. With that run time, when you do a first maintenance, many have changed out fluids in Diffs to a synthetic for a quieter and smoother result. Doesn’t take much to do it. Also note the oil filter cover has 2 rubber o rings inside, and the smaller front one can get lost easy, (learned the hard way). Enjoy that rig.

Last edited:
SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Noob
After my Polaris 500 left me afoot in the woods for the second time I decided it was time for a change. I have owned Hondas for nearly 50 years (I'm 71)

Just kidding. You gave us your age, and I'm 72.:)

Welcome to the forum from Oklahoma, and a fellow 2016 P500 owner. You got a great deal. What's up with those red seat backs? Never seen those before.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
After my Polaris 500 left me afoot in the woods for the second time I decided it was time for a change. I have owned Hondas for nearly 50 years (I'm 71) and had never had one break down on me so it was a no brainer what my next machine would be. I shopped around and found this 2016 P500 with only 25 hours and 93 miles on it. The owner had purchased it to hunt with and was unaware that side by sides were not allowed in the WMA where he hunted. He had installed a roof, a front bumper, and after market 14 inch wheels with 27 inch mud lites on them. He was only asking pay-off and so I got it for $7000. I was ecstatic and snatched it up.View attachment 110962
I’m liking that red seat back!:) Congrats on your purchase;)

Txlaman

Txlaman

Jan 14, 2019
Deweyville, Texas
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome, good to have alot of the mods already done. With that run time, when you do a first maintenance, many have changed out fluids in Diffs to a synthetic for a quieter and smoother result. Doesn’t take much to do it. Also note the oil filter cover has 2 rubber o rings inside, and the smaller front one can get lost easy, (learned the hard way). Enjoy that rig.
Thanks Mudder, I have already done just as you suggested with the fluids and have changed the oil and filter using Quaker State full synthetic 5W30. I live in southeast Texas and hog hunt in the piney woods here. I really appreciate the size of the 500 as it can maneuver thru the woods as well as a 4 wheeler but is much more comfortable for my 71 year old body LOL. I have ordered a Warn 3500 lb winch for it and am looking at windshields.

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
Thanks Mudder, I have already done just as you suggested with the fluids and have changed the oil and filter using Quaker State full synthetic 5W30. I live in southeast Texas and hog hunt in the piney woods here. I really appreciate the size of the 500 as it can maneuver thru the woods as well as a 4 wheeler but is much more comfortable for my 71 year old body LOL. I have ordered a Warn 3500 lb winch for it and am looking at windshields.

You may want to get that oil changed again, as you always want to run JASO/MA rated oil that's intended for clutch and gears. Regular automotive oil doesn't have the same additives .

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After my Polaris 500 left me afoot in the woods for the second time I decided it was time for a change. I have owned Hondas for nearly 50 years (I'm 71) and had never had one break down on me so it was a no brainer what my next machine would be. I shopped around and found this 2016 P500 with only 25 hours and 93 miles on it. The owner had purchased it to hunt with and was unaware that side by sides were not allowed in the WMA where he hunted. He had installed a roof, a front bumper, and after market 14 inch wheels with 27 inch mud lites on them. He was only asking pay-off and so I got it for $7000. I was ecstatic and snatched it up.View attachment 110962
Welcome to the club, that’s a heck of a deal....and no more being left afoot :).

Txlaman

Txlaman

Jan 14, 2019
Deweyville, Texas
Ownership

1. 500
You may want to get that oil changed again, as you always want to run JASO/MA rated oil that's intended for clutch and gears. Regular automotive oil doesn't have the same additives .
Wow I didn't know about the different oil needs, but I always ran regular motor oil in my older Hondas and never had any problems. Thanks for the info !

Reactions: Dp5hunter
SpaceTroll

SpaceTroll

Jul 8, 2018
Kirbyville Tx
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome from Kirbyville. If your running in the Sabine river bottoms your going to want a locker. With a locker these things are unstoppable. I try to wear out as many hogs as I can too ;)

Txlaman

Txlaman

Jan 14, 2019
Deweyville, Texas
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome from Kirbyville. If your running in the Sabine river bottoms your going to want a locker. With a locker these things are unstoppable. I try to wear out as many hogs as I can too ;)

What does a locker do ? I know my rear end is full time positive traction. Does the locker make the front differential full time. I really don't do any "mudding" per say, but i do occasionally have to go through som mud holes or swampy places.

Reactions: Chooglin
C

Chooglin

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!