Got any pictures of your snake or snakes from this summer

GrayRider

GrayRider

May 27, 2020
Pleasant Grove, Alabama
Ownership

1. 700-2
667A780E 827B 41C9 BFB2 65CD53175240

Here is a Cotton Mouth killed in Oak Grove, Alabama this summer at my hunting club.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have a few garter snakes living in my yard, one year I counted 4 snake skins so 4 at that time. All of those were adult sized. I almost mowed two last week that weren't much bigger than night crawlers and a full 3'er surprised me along the garage last week too. They disappear so fast there's never a chance to take a photo but I'll take that as a challenge now. 🤔 I haven't seen a mouse for years and my bait traps are still full in the garage.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
This little guy has been patrolling my father's shed since he was about 6" long. He'd just eaten a mouse here and was too damn lethargic to get out of the way when we were backing the tractor out so my dad and my daughter grabbed him. We threw him back in there and I've seen him a few times since. Never have issues with rodents chewing on wires 😁

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
I caught this hognose last year while dragging the driveway. I haven't ever seen one this big outside of a pet store/zoo. Pretty damn cool:

View attachment 219724

I haven't saw one of those in years around here if that's the same species we have here. We always called them spreading vipers. Looks like a damn cobra ! What kind of snake is the first pic ? I hate friggin snakes !

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
We have chicken/rat and water snakes all around. We also have a cat, so like @Adam490 we don't have a rodent problem. This is a fairly old picture of one of the rat snakes. He was later seen crawling straight up a brick wall!
IMG 1227

Last edited:
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I haven't saw one of those in years around here if that's the same species we have here. We always called them spreading vipers. Looks like a damn cobra ! What kind of snake is the first pic ? I hate friggin snakes !
Pretty sure it's a rat snake, good one to have around

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
We have chicken/rat and water snakes all around. We also have a cat, so like @Adam490 we don't have a rodent problem. This is a fairly old picture of one of the rat snakes. He was later seen crawling straight up a brick wall!
View attachment 219727View attachment 219727

I was taking a leak in my unfinished basement bathroom several years ago when I looked up there was a big king rat snake on the rafter above me. I about sh*t my pants ! I thought about burning the house down for a while ! LOL ! I just don't like snakes.

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I was taking a leak in my unfinished basement bathroom several years ago when I looked up there was a big king rat snake on the rafter above me. I about sh*t my pants ! I thought about burning the house down for a while ! LOL ! I just don't like snakes.
As long as I can see them ahead of time I am ok, but if I step on one or they surprise me I don't like them so much. When we were young, teenagers, we had a minnow pond that was overrun with moccasins. We used to take a headlight and a 22 Magnum and kill bunches of them. We killed 27 in one night. If you shine the light out over the water, a snake will be drawn to the light, turtles too.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
As long as I can see them ahead of time I am ok, but if I step on one or they surprise me I don't like them so much. When we were young, teenagers, we had a minnow pond that was overrun with moccasins. We used to take a headlight and a 22 Magnum and kill bunches of them. We killed 27 in one night. If you shine the light out over the water, a snake will be drawn to the light, turtles too.
I need to do this at my dad's. Seen a few little moccasins near where he keeps his pedal boats docked that I've taken care of but I know there are a ton more.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Justifiable house burning imho. I'm not a fan of snakes either.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!