Got some new side mirrors. What do you think?

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
IF we all only had your money nb!!!!!!!!

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had those mirror. Lots of companies sell that same set as theirs. I broke 3 of them and decided to switch to something different. I’m running the seizmik now and granted it is a lot more expensive, but the mirror is inside a housing with a detent built into the bracket so it snaps back in place after being folded in. This also allows the mirror to fold in farther. I like those mirrors and the cost was much better, but after continuing to buy them I decided to spend the money on the more expensive ones. Good luck I hope they work well for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are these the ones you have now or are they the other higher ender one they make? Redesigned Seizmik UTV Break-Away Side Mirrors - Honda Pioneer 1000 and 1000-5 | eBay

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are these the ones you have now or are they the other higher ender one they make? Redesigned Seizmik UTV Break-Away Side Mirrors - Honda Pioneer 1000 and 1000-5 | eBay

437a308d0b57c9967d012547215c5219

These are the ones I’m using now. These are cheap compared to @my99svt and his rigid mirrors....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: EricG
L

LeeB

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
NM
Ownership

1. 500
Was thinking about getting a set of mirrors for a little while now, but I really didn't want to spend to much money on a set then get them torn off on the trail. Finally found a set on ebay for $30. Red breakaway side mirrors, they installed in a few minutes, fit just below the honda acc wind deflector. They seem sturdy enough, they dont shake or vibrate around at all. Visibility seems to be good and we'll see how long they last. Here's where they came from <2 Red Breakaway Side View Mirrors Honda Big Red & Pioneer 500 700 1000 | eBay> . What do you guys think. Do they look OK? We're they worth it?View attachment 59515 View attachment 59516 View attachment 59517 View attachment 59518

Me like....thanks for info....going to get some

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I like them, but I don't think they would work for me. i would need the hinge on the inside of the ROPS. I tore/ruined my rear view mirror 2 weeks ago, I ride very tight woods. OK P5 owners lets hear it, HA!
I agree, looks like there’s 2-3” of rigid bracket sticking out that would break if you whacked a tree. But they are pretty.

32690taylor

32690taylor

Nov 27, 2017
NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I agree, looks like there’s 2-3” of rigid bracket sticking out that would break if you whacked a tree. But they are pretty.
Actually, the rigid part of the brackets don't stick out past the front fenders at all. As of yet I haven't hit one yet, but if I do I'll be sure to post about it.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Seeing this thread gave me the idea to try this with some creative utv graphic material. Thanks for posting. Turned out pretty cool.

Mirrors

32690taylor

32690taylor

Nov 27, 2017
NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I said I would post an update on the mirrors after I had put some miles on with them, and here it is.

Overall the mirrors worked well. They gave good visibility and I never damaged them on any trees or narrow trails, but I did discover that they are vulnerable to rocks and debris thrown from the rear tires. Granted, I installed a set of wheel spacers to widen the footprint of my P1000 by 3 inches, so if anyone has a machine with the stock tires and spacing, I doubt you'll have this problem.

In the end, I shattered the right mirror, and removed both of them. Probably won't be replacing them since I didn't use them nearly as much as I thought I would. I still tended to just turn around and look over the bed when I was reversing.

Hope this helps anyone else who was thinking of getting mirrors.

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!