P500 Got the new P5 home; and already modded it...

P

PNWGuy

Went to the dealer and picked up my new P5 today. Got it home, took some pics of it stock, then started adding stuff for a trip tomorrow.

OeaYlvOl9DFzCdm HECYe8lIJ5YfIZwe9vzwzAdJbD8pX92IB

First thing I did was add the rear rack. Now this was intended to be temporary until I find time to fabricate one, but I like how it looks and the utility it adds. I ordered it off of Amazon for only $63 and it 46" by 39" and is designed as a roof rack for a small SUV. I removed the front wind deflector and mounted it sideways on my rack and it was a perfect fit...

VpY1vfalvYnvOaEar5HDUl7ZQiQ1YmaA519MhgEm7twpX92IB

I90Ygg NFYLetObkcF5Owu6lWwnz4 ohfZ8Ve Lf 68pX92IB

Dealer installed a horn and the KFI winch and did a good job of mounting the rocker switches, but I will likely replace them with illuminated marked ones to match my sasquatch light switch.

Aqgg8piO6zcmiTZ5Ow6IdSqujxytgUDDkQKyoo5VRS8pX92IB

Also added a small storage bag I found at WalMart using velcro straps so I have a place for stuff...

Nrj0zl7KJh5rernirjb3T6WWdxlMrzOceL17yxSCn60pX92IB

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ARGHHHH! It's soooo freaking red! where's the mud? Where's the dust? Blahhhhh. Blinded for life I am! Cool rear rack idea! Sasquatch switch? I want one! I'd think a dog would be more secure with some type of enclosed space. Even in the cab, mine has taken flight even at slower speeds. I'd imagine Rowdy might end up in the front seat without a way to restrain him when braking etc. Let the wallet draining begin!

P

PNWGuy

Yeah, the rear bed is not enough for him. Going to try adding a solid floor to it to see if that helps.

This thing shifts super rough; it sounds like someone dropped a wrench into a metal bucket full of marbles every time it shifts. I understand it smooths out with use, however.

Reactions: 100Acre
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
WWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! OOO OOO OOO!
That's my best text Squatch impersonation. I'm really quite proud of it. I actually don't have anything on rocker switches but that may change soon as I add more accessories.

sgerksinwi

sgerksinwi

Sep 24, 2016
WISCONSIN
Ownership

1. 500
Went to the dealer and picked up my new P5 today. Got it home, took some pics of it stock, then started adding stuff for a trip tomorrow.

View attachment 82114

First thing I did was add the rear rack. Now this was intended to be temporary until I find time to fabricate one, but I like how it looks and the utility it adds. I ordered it off of Amazon for only $63 and it 46" by 39" and is designed as a roof rack for a small SUV. I removed the front wind deflector and mounted it sideways on my rack and it was a perfect fit...

View attachment 82115
View attachment 82116

Dealer installed a horn and the KFI winch and did a good job of mounting the rocker switches, but I will likely replace them with illuminated marked ones to match my sasquatch light switch.

View attachment 82117

Also added a small storage bag I found at WalMart using velcro straps so I have a place for stuff...

View attachment 82118
Great start
Enjoy

Reactions: trigger
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I assumed you already had one...

View attachment 82123
I have one of those for the rear lights on my P5. The dog bed is great. But I’m sure like my black lab , will end up in the front seat. It’s a bit safer on a ride for him too;). Like @100Acre said...you signature. Hahahahaha nice ride you have.

Reactions: 100Acre and trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!