P1000 Got to do some work with the Pioneer this weekend

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Well, I am getting some better, not back to "normal" yet, but better than I was.

I got to help my wife rake leaves this weekend. That might not sound like much but when you have been, for all intents and purposes an invalid since August, actually doing something productive feels pretty good. My wife did the largest amount of raking by far but I did help some, plus I got to drive the Pioneer. ;)

We raked up about somewhere between 4-6 bed loads of pin oak and other assorted leaves from the front yard and loaded them into the Pioneer.

Man, how did I live without a dumping bed before!?!? This was SO much more efficient and WAY faster than using our dump cart and JD X500 mower like we used to do it. (And way easier than the wheelbarrow we used to use before that ;)) It is so much easier to just coast down the hill, swap around to facing up hill, throw it in reverse, back down the hill, slide out and dump and then back up the hill. Much easier than trying to back a trailer downhill and climb off and on the mower and no worries about throttling down to keep from leaving burned spots in the grass like I used to with the mower.

I can definitely see why my wife was very adamant that if we decided to get get rid of the Pioneer that we MUST have something with a dumping bed. She has been the only one actually using it for anything other than riding around the yard since I got injured. I originally wanted a Wolverine and thought maybe we should trade for one but my wife didn't want to and now I can see why. I can also see the Pioneer's superior seating position and doors for work that @500 had mentioned played a big part in this. I would not have liked the Wolverine's doors and shoulder bolsters in this situation at all.

I am actually looking forward to the rest of the leaves falling off the pin oak and putting out mulch in the Spring, if you can believe that. :)

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Good to hear it! I'd probably just pull a leaf rake with the pioneer and call it work! Lol. Remember though...Pictures or it never happened!o_O

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Good to hear it! I'd probably just pull a leaf rake with the pioneer and call it work! Lol. Remember though...Pictures or it never happened!o_O

I didn't think to bring the camera with me, I was too excited to be doing something. I guess I could go and take pictures of the leaf pile.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I didn't think to bring the camera with me, I was too excited to be doing something. I guess I could go and take pictures of the leaf pile.
Ya wth Crow you know the rules about pictures. Haven't really seen you use the machine so we're kinda excited for proof lol.
I do hope you get doing better though being down sucks. Really am glad you got to use the rig for something and hopefully you have good luck. Even with the problems I absolutely love mine.
Pictures man!

Reactions: Eltobgi
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Okay, best I can do. The leaf pile doesn't look like much in this picture, but when you stand in it, it is about mid calf deep and pretty much takes up the whole picture.

Upload 2016 12 5 13 58 39

Here is looking back up at the house and you can maybe see how steep it is:

Upload 2016 12 5 13 59 59

This is with the Pioneer already sitting at an angle.

I would have done more but my batteries died and it had started to rain.

Satisfied?

:)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Okay, best I can do. The leaf pile doesn't look like much in this picture, but when you stand in it, it is about mid calf deep and pretty much takes up the whole picture.

View attachment 27843

View attachment 27844

Satisfied?

Sure a beautiful place you have there.

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Sure a beautiful place you have there.

Thank you. I take pictures like a realtor though. :)

I don't take pictures that show the duck weed on the lake or the big dog kennel in the side yard or the neighbors house right next to mine. ;)

Now the place where I plan on building my final retirement home, that is nice.:D

The eventual location of my retirement home:

Upload 2016 12 5 14 17 17

I plan on putting the house in the field in the foreground looking over the field in the background across the road.

With a side porch that looks out over this:

Upload 2016 12 5 14 30 16

With a shooting bench so I can kill all the deer coming to eat these:

Upload 2016 12 5 14 32 18

Without having to get off the porch.

:cool:;) Upload 2016 12 5 14 31 34

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thank you. I take pictures like a realtor though. :)

I don't take pictures that show the duck weed on the lake or the big dog kennel in the side yard or the neighbors house right next to mine. ;)

Now the place where I plan on building my final retirement home, that is nice.:D

The eventual location of my retirement home:

View attachment 27847

I plan on putting the house in the field in the foreground looking over the field in the background across the road.

With a side porch that looks out over this:

View attachment 27849

With a shooting bench so I can kill all the deer coming to eat these:

View attachment 27851

Without having to get off the porch.

:cool:;) View attachment 27850

But you'll lose the pond

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
But you'll lose the pond

That is okay with me. I am not a big fan of the pond we have now.

But I have one, well technically 2 at the farm anyway.

A little slit pond:
Upload 2016 12 5 15 44 4

And a bigger but not super deep old stock pond:

Upload 2016 12 5 15 48 3

I call them mosquito factory one and two.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I guess that's ok then. A pond would be nice I think.
Is that @joeymt33 and friends out in the middle of that second one?

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

View attachment 27843

View attachment 27844

Satisfied?

Looks staged, I don't know..., But i want to see some pictures of your machine snorkeled running through those pondso_O I am a patient man i will wait until you are ready.;)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!