My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone every used GPSFILEDEPOT ?

http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/view/230/

Looks like they have maps of Windrock but I'm not sure they are any good. I have an old Garmin Motorcycle GPS (Zumo550) I pulled off my Valk before I sold it. I was going to mount it and load it with the maps.

I wanted something loaded before we went there in March.

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
I use Garmin BaseCamp with the 1;24,000 Topos.

B

BULLDOG6

Jun 15, 2015
Ownership

1. Big Red
Has anyone every used GPSFILEDEPOT ?

http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/view/230/

Looks like they have maps of Windrock but I'm not sure they are any good. I have an old Garmin Motorcycle GPS (Zumo550) I pulled off my Valk before I sold it. I was going to mount it and load it with the maps.

I wanted something loaded before we went there in March.
Try Dan Koerner maps. Must have a ibm comp. not Apple. His maps overlay on a Garmin gps, hiking model. Super accurate

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I found a set of base maps for where I was going. I will check those out though.

B

BULLDOG6

Jun 15, 2015
Ownership

1. Big Red
I found a set of base maps for where I was going. I will check those out though.
Price is $ 51.00. I have a garmin 650 Montana. His maps cover: wind rock, brimstone. Racket creek, and all of north Cumberland wma. I just got back . Couldn't have made it without the maps. We hit new River, windrock, Royal blue, and Sundquist. Found old train derailment, eternal flame, etc.

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Just need a Garmin. Much easier than looking at a paper map

They are expensive BUT my Montana is great on the trial and I am glad I bought it. Even when we have a map I have it running as it eliminates confusion and gives me a full time view of where I am and where I am headed. I just hard wired a mount on the Pioneer so I don't need to worry about batteries in the unit and such.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They are expensive BUT my Montana is great on the trial and I am glad I bought it. Even when we have a map I have it running as it eliminates confusion and gives me a full time view of where I am and where I am headed. I just hard wired a mount on the Pioneer so I don't need to worry about batteries in the unit and such.

C8176ce88c4545e9e18296a25b3ad236

Zümo was great and I had free XM.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!