Graduation Day

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
IMG 1517

My son Joshua (3rd from left) graduated A school today. He was one of four in his class to graduate today with distinction for having a GPA between 3.4 and 3.65 He is in the Navy stationed in Charleston SC. He is in the nuclear power program. The next phase of their training ( nuclear power school) starts in December.

He had taken the as asvab test in high school and scored very high. The Navy wanted him right out of high school. However he decided at the time he wasn't ready and decided to go the local community college. After 1 year there he came to us and said he had visited the recruiter and decided to enlist. Before he could officially join he , had to work himself into shape. In 1 year of hard work and determination he lost 85 pounds . We are very proud of his work ethic and the good young man he's become. 20161028 092717 20161028 094450

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 25200

My son Joshua (3rd from left) graduated A school today. He was one of four in his class to graduate today with distinction for having a GPA between 3.4 and 3.65 He is in the Navy stationed in Charleston SC. He is in the nuclear power program. The next phase of their training ( nuclear power school) starts in December.

He had taken the as asvab test in high school and scored very high. The Navy wanted him right out of high school. However he decided at the time he wasn't ready and decided to go the local community college. After 1 year there he came to us and said he had visited the recruiter and decided to enlist. Before he could officially join he , had to work himself into shape. In 1 year of hard work and determination he lost 85 pounds . We are very proud of his work ethic and the good young man he's become. View attachment 25201 View attachment 25202

That's awesome. ..
Be proud....
I salute. ...you both

Reactions: Tigermark
KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
View attachment 25212 View attachment 25213

The graduates have the weekend off, and Josh asked us to bring the camper so he could stay with us for the weekend.

We're chilling, mama's cooking, weather is warm and beautiful.

Awesome day.
Where y'all staying? I live about 30 minutes from Charleston. Awesome day for sure. This is a day he will remember forever.

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is so very awesome!!! I thank your son and your family for the sacrifice and dedication. My son is in Crete Greece as I type serving in the USN, doing shore patrol for the Navel Support Station there. These young people rock!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!