Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Anyone know of a product that will stop/reduce this? Do you think stick stoppers would help?

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Probably a lawnmower. Seriously though I'm not sure. Seems like stick stoppers would help though. I've had the same thing happen to me driving through flooded rice fields, takes forever to clean that crap off.

Portals and 32's would probably keep you above the grass.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Anyone know of a product that will stop/reduce this? Do you think stick stoppers would help?

View attachment 26371
Thats a mess. Bad news for the boots and bearings for sure.
Nothing I know of out there to prevent that mess.
I think stick stoppers would only make it harder to get it off.
Recommend letting your buddy go first. lol.

H

Hawgsalot

Sep 6, 2016
Jonesboro
Ownership

1. 700-4
Get a pair of shears and snip that off after every ride. That's what we have to do duck hunting rice fields. It's a pain but nothing will prevent it that i know of.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I used a utility knife. That was one trip out and back. You have to be very careful not to cut a boot. And... you're going to get filthy cutting it out.

I think that most of it will be gone in a few weeks. I hope so.

advertisement
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Who doing them
Well.....
A guy started them several months ago. He did a fine job on the front but accepted a job before he finished the rears.

His name is Paul McManus. He is a young guy and has potential. I've been patient, he is trying. I hope he will come through next week and get the job finished. I will ask him if he is now out of the business or if he wants to take on more.

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
Well.....
A guy started them several months ago. He did a fine job on the front but accepted a job before he finished the rears.

His name is Paul McManus. He is a young guy and has potential. I've been patient, he is trying. I hope he will come through next week and get the job finished. I will ask him if he is now out of the business or if he wants to take on more.
Yeah iv talked to paul i got a guy that built me a set it was his first time and we keep having problems with em but we get em right

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
There was a thread on here but noone ever said they are finished talking about portals but a gear reduction it's self would benefit me good

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
@Scooterchris

Portals?????
Internal gear reduction for the 700 won't be happening .
Tryed it. No way.

Theirs portals out for the 700.
Got the company utv solutions to make them for both the 700 and 1000.
Call them up and ask for jeff.

Theirs ofcourse portals out for the 1000 as we know.

The internal gear reduction for the 1000 is out and running. 25 percent reduction.
I made a post about it on the 1000 accessories threads.
Working on finishing the instructions for the guys that can't bring it to us.
Ofcourse you can feel free to call me if you have any questions or want to order.
I'm gonna try to get on the forum more aswell
Chris

Reactions: Tflynn
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!