Grease splatter near axle boot.

R

RwDodson

May 24, 2023
Georgetown TX
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
Good afternoon, I have 12 hours on my new Pioneer 1000-6 and I noticed grease splatter near the driver side/ rear axle boot. I’m bummed because I had plans to hit the trails for my first time this weekend. I’m hoping the dealer will take care of it, but we’ll see.
I’m posting a picture in hopes that someone will verify that the grease is coming from the axel. If that’s the case, would it be easier to just swap the axel out or rebuild? Also, would taking it to the trails in this condition result in damaging anything else besides the axel.
I’m new to this, go easy on me. :)

Thank y’all so much in advance

IMG 2983 IMG 2985

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
looks like grease from torn\loose boot - gotta be able to wipe it down and see if boot is indeed torn or just not on correctly

depending on what parts u can get - obviously swapping the axle out is quicker than replacing boot since axle needs to be removed either way

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Good afternoon, I have 12 hours on my new Pioneer 1000-6 and I noticed grease splatter near the driver side/ rear axle boot. I’m bummed because I had plans to hit the trails for my first time this weekend. I’m hoping the dealer will take care of it, but we’ll see.
I’m posting a picture in hopes that someone will verify that the grease is coming from the axel. If that’s the case, would it be easier to just swap the axel out or rebuild? Also, would taking it to the trails in this condition result in damaging anything else besides the axel.
I’m new to this, go easy on me. :)

Thank y’all so much in advance

View attachment 388886 View attachment 388887
Welcome from South Florida

Sorry bout your troubles, looks like you have a torn boot there.... can't really tell. I'm sure if you wipe it off you'll notice if it's got a tear or not, or a loose clamp??

IMG 29832

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
H

HondaTech

I've seen a few split under the larger band, probably happened during installation.

The problem with using it and having the boot rip more could mean a denial on warranty as they'll try to say something like a stick or whatever ripped it. Since boot damage from debris isnt covered. The hard plastic boots are more difficult to tear a. well.

If it's under the band or similar it's more likely to be covered since it was a defect in manufacturing.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's unlikely you're going to blow out the axle anyway. Probably best not to bury it in any deep mud holes, for sure.

If you did wind up replacing it, you can always rebuild this one anyway - and it's a great idea to have an extra front axle on hand for when you break the next one - no downtime.

The front axles are swappable, so a spare can be used on the left or right. (not the case with the rear.)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!