Greasing the wheel bearings

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
I haven't done it yet but just wondering if anyone has done this yet. I've always done this as a yearly thing on my other side x sides and sometimes even twice a year. Our last ride was lots of water riding due to all the flooding etc that were having around here. So just curious to know what the wheel brgs are like on the Honda say compared to the Polaris. Yes I know that the bearings are supposed to be sealed,but because of how I've always taken then apart and added grease to them { and by this I mean most of my machinery } even if the brg is sealed it gets greased.I'am big on preventative maintainance .So just out of curious about what the Honda brg is like to add grease etc:

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I do mine too in the winter, usually after the creek riding calms down. There fairly easy if you have a needle for your grease gun you can do it is no time.
Rear is simple with only the main axle nut holding the hub on giving you access to get a needle in.
The front you will have to pull the caliper off. 2 bolts holding it on. Then the axle nut removing the hub. Then you can get the needle.

I haven't checked the Pioneer but usually Honda bearings are not the sealed type. They are one piece, double bearings.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Good to know. The Polaris are like that one piece,double bearing. I had thought of doing them now but with the amount of mosquitoes out and in the shop its going to have to wait.

BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
i grease mine probably 3 times a year, or at least every service interval. just did it last weekend actually should be good till nov/dec.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!