Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ok so talked about this awhile back but what's the process for gun carry on a plane? What's a reasonable locking case, any that carry two or is that frowned on? Is it considered additional carry on?

Reactions: sharp
elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Only in checked luggage. Counts as a checked bag. Ammo has to be separate. No restrictions on number of weapons in US Domestic flights that I am aware of.

I have used a Pelican double gun case on a few trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I recently flew to Detroit and packed my pistol in a small pelican case with a box of ammo and two magazines also in the case. You have to have locks on the case and they didn't make me have to have TSA approved locks.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I recently flew to Detroit and packed my pistol in a small pelican case with a box of ammo and two magazines also in the case. You have to have locks on the case and they didn't make me have to have TSA approved locks.
Ok what are tsa approved locks? Does the ammo have to be separate?

Reactions: sharp
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I think I read somewhere that the magazines and the firearm must be unloaded and ammunition must be in a new unopened box. Not real sure about the ammo saying but that's what I did because either someone told me that or that's what I had read.

For me it was the cost of the extra checked bag which I think was like 25 bucks.

If you don't want to worry about it, I'll bring a couple extra pistols do you and Angela.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I think I read somewhere that the magazines and the firearm must be unloaded and ammunition must be in a new unopened box. Not real sure about the ammo saying but that's what I did because either someone told me that or that's what I had read.

For me it was the cost of the extra checked bag which I think was like 25 bucks.

If you don't want to worry about it, I'll bring a couple extra pistols do you and Angela.

And yes they are Beretta!

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Planning for takeover already?
I am going to start stock piling parts in the next few weeks.
I plan on making some adapters for my ball joint press to fit stock arms, maybe see what the aftermarket has for arm options and machine adapters for that as well.

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Planning for takeover already?
I am going to start stock piling parts in the next few weeks.
I plan on making some adapters for my ball joint press to fit stock arms, maybe see what the aftermarket has for arm options and machine adapters for that as well.
For the Takeover we'll be shipping vehicle and flying down if we're able to

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!