P1000 Gun mounts DIY setups for the back

Tundra20

Tundra20

Supporting Member
Oct 14, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Cant find my pic with them mounted but they wrk very well I normally have my 22 or my 30/30 in them hope this helps ther on Amazon i dont know how to send the link to u sorry

21ED9CBA A776 45B5 88B6 B2C1E94D0DAF

G

Gunsite Guy

Apr 19, 2021
Trinidad, Co
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
I haven't put a gun rack in my PK3 but I have put one on my P500. I couldn't find anything made specifically for a Honda of any size. I had Great Day 4 gun vertical mounts in a number of machines in the past. So I bought one for the P500 and had to heavily modify it. Essentially I turned it around s the racks face to the rear instead of to the center. I like it better than anything I have used or seen before. I thought I had a better photo. I'll check my files. I have also used Rugged Gear mounts inside mounted on the floor. They make a polaris specific mount but last I checked nothing for Honda.

Be sure to let us know what you end up with.

s/f Steve

IMG 0867 IMG 0869

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't have any good ideas. That's because of the dust always kicked up on my rides.
Boots are fine, but big plastic bags seem to be the best.

G

Gunsite Guy

Apr 19, 2021
Trinidad, Co
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
Well, to the subject of dust and other elements like weather, it is like being between the proverbial rock and a hard place. For my P500 with soft cab the dust can really be an issue on the back. I had my wife sew up a couple muslin "slips" as we call them in shotguns.. In dry conditions they are perfect. You can get your gun in or out in mere seconds. In rainy conditions, I have a waterproof slip from Rugged Gear. In brutal pouring conditions there is a fine line between your rear rack and inside the cab. At Sporting Clays competitions, all firearms must be vertical, muzzle up or down.

Think of it as a challenge.

s/f Steve

B

BamaDave

Apr 28, 2021
South Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I’m using (2) 308 AR10s (have to have a buddy rig) for my hunting as I’m targeting hog and predators at night! Not much worried about dust as we will be creeping around stalking our pray and not kicking up much dust! I have a friend building me a rear mounted winch to help with loading our catch just like his!

A1E9060F 3E0C 4BD7 A714 9D9224B058E1

annoyed

annoyed

Oct 31, 2020
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a Cabelas soft-bag strapped to the upper roll bar, behind the front seats. Doesn't bother the passengers. Holds 2 rifles and has a few pouches for whatever else.

A plus to the soft bag is it keeps the dust off your guns when driving around. Fairly easy access, pull a zipper and pull rifle out.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a Cabelas soft-bag strapped to the upper roll bar, behind the front seats. Doesn't bother the passengers. Holds 2 rifles and has a few pouches for whatever else.

A plus to the soft bag is it keeps the dust off your guns when driving around. Fairly easy access, pull a zipper and pull rifle out.
I seen a pic of your gun case. What is the metal frame above it?

advertisement
annoyed

annoyed

Oct 31, 2020
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's the one on my buddy's 1000. His gun case was meant to be strapped down differently and didn't connect to the ROPS very well. He made a small metal frame that it could strap to, and it stays in place well. The frame bolts to the attachment points where the mesh netting used to be.

Here's a picture of the Cabelas version:

BE1A31CD 4770 4A72 8B1D EB3EDE095118995992C7 221F 47AE AECB EEFA8A3D1760

It's designed more to hang off the rear bar, versus how I have it mounted, but it holds well. I could probably snug up the straps a bit at some point. When I do, I'll probably tape the excess straps so that it doesn't get loose again.

edit to add:
https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/cabelas-tac-gear-utv-double-gun-case

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's the one on my buddy's 1000. His gun case was meant to be strapped down differently and didn't connect to the ROPS very well. He made a small metal frame that it could strap to, and it stays in place well. The frame bolts to the attachment points where the mesh netting used to be.

Here's a picture of the Cabelas version:View attachment 292066View attachment 292067
Thanks. I may do this for hunting season

Reactions: Biteme and Lady01
annoyed

annoyed

Oct 31, 2020
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been happy with it so far. When I went to the cabela's site, I had completely forgotten that it had a rain fly.... guess it's in one of the pouches 🤣

They don't last forever, but I got mine for under $75 out the door from the local place, on sale. If I have to replace it every 2-3 years, I'm okay with that. The zippers are high quality, so I'm not too worried about them failing while on the trail. I expect the straps to rot-out before anything.

kandt

kandt

Lifetime Member
Apr 27, 2021
Bluegrass state
Ownership

1. 1000-5
4343F22F AD2E 4EC6 A1BB 1EC01A2407EE

Been working on a multi gun rack. We duck hunt quite a bit and usually have several guys along. Needed something to carry guns and give room to stack and haul stuff below it. We also have purchased a bed extender to use when the rack is mounted. Plan to use roll clamps to attach to uprights on roll-cage. We are still waiting on our P1K-5 to arrive and just trying to get some things out of the way before it arrives.

B

BamaDave

Apr 28, 2021
South Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Kandt this is an excellent idea and I believe I’ll be following your lead! Any additional information would be appreciated!!

Reactions: Biteme and Lady01
kandt

kandt

Lifetime Member
Apr 27, 2021
Bluegrass state
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Kandt this is an excellent idea and I believe I’ll be following your lead! Any additional information would be appreciated!!
Well it’s kind of a process still in the making. Once I can get the pioneer and measure I am going to use square tubing to bolt to top and run to the roll cage for the mounts to attach. Hoping it will hold 4 guns one directly behind rear seats and three facing the tailgate. Planing to use an eye bolt and bungee to strap guns in for transport. The “legs” are the width of the sides if the bed so we can put blind bags under the guns. Can share dimensions once I see if it fits. Just not sure when that will be. Had a deposit on one since early May.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!