Gun Rack mounting to floor.

B

b4hntn

Lifetime Member
Oct 14, 2013
texashuntinglease.com
Has anyone tried mounting a gun rack to the floor? I have the scabbard but that takes time to install every morning. Just setting two guns in a rack would be more convenient.

S

sako

Aug 25, 2014
I considered using a Kolpin [TM] floor mount system on my 700-2 as the most effective for me with my full cab enclosure and hard roof . My greatest concern was the torque and flexing of the floor mount which may ultimately crack / break the floor surface. I also looked at the idea of placing a reinforced spacer between the metal frame floor bottom and the [plastic?/ polymer] floor to eliminate the torque and flex actions. Right now I'm using a Quad Gear double rifle case. Mounting is difficult as I have the full back enclosure and it blocks the rear view, and I have to rely on mirrors. If you are prepared to loose part of the rear view you will be interested to see that the Quadgear case will mount inside the cab as easily as outside. If you look at Cabelas customer reviews for that product you will see its highly rated with the caveat that they claim weather prrof and not water proof. Reviewers indicate that Camp Dri[TM] waterproofer works well to improve protection, I have applied it but haven't tested in the rain. I will probably continue to mount mine inside the cab regardless with strap extensions made up for the inner two top straps.

B

b4hntn

Lifetime Member
Oct 14, 2013
texashuntinglease.com
Thanks Sako. I have been browsing Rugged Gear but that 6x6" mounting has me concerned also. I don't want to destroy the floorboard. I have the double case that a gun can be slipped in on each side. I do not have a roof and like attaching the case to the rear rather than behind the front seats on the p4. Has anyone tried the Rugged Gear two gun rack mounted to the floor?

Reactions: Contrails86

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!