Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You guys are the only ones that offer it as an option and no other manufacturer offers it. What are they trying to say? Lol
Seriously tho I wish they were offered
on Fords
Granted I have a ram 2500 i added my own bags. But after experiencing the self leveling in a ram why would it not be an option? My buddy has a f250 . And if you hook up to my trailer your headlights are shining coon ! At least the tundra has a control to lower headlights. Why don't they all have that?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Granted I have a ram 2500 i added my own bags. But after experiencing the self leveling in a ram why would it not be an option? My buddy has a f250 . And if you hook up to my trailer your headlights are shining coon ! At least the tundra has a control to lower headlights. Why don't they all have that?
No chit! Japs...

J

JTW

I agree.. it should be part of the max tow package on the ford.

advertisement
J

JTW

You probably right. I don’t think u can go wrong either way. I use air lift cuz there near me why not right? Lol and lifetime guarantee, And for my super duty they use a no drill bracket . It worked flawlessly for me on both trucks. I think you'll be just fine with the Firestone. I don’t think there’s really any difference in the two. I don’t use a compressor, I have the inflators exit right outside my bumper by my plate. I figured I don’t really need the compressor, Some day maybe lol. I had one with my old set and it leaked. I’m sure there better now.
Yeah, I don’t blame ya. And I was on the fence about the compressor but just said f*** it. I’ll use it more this way.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Cheers!
f***ing so awesome to be in the woods again. No laws no rules no cops no special tags no bulls***! Idaho is where I was supposed to be. Can’t imagine being anywhere else. Winter is over screw the crap. N. Idaho isn’t comparable. Some day I’ll live here permanently!!!!
C0B9E6B6 D782 43DE 8895 535065E6703D
DAF270A2 4586 468B AD72 B9552504EE7B

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yeah, I don’t blame ya. And I was on the fence about the compressor but just said f*** it. I’ll use it more this way.
The compressor will be cool. Some day I may add one. Just make sure you use the T wen you install them with some manual inflators anyway for emergency back up. You probably already know that but it’s worth noting.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah... and that’s just part of the truck. Alignment and leveling kit Wednesday (guy doing the alignment is charging me $100 to put the kit on)... I’ll do the bags and compressor prolly Monday. I still have to get my suspension on the sxs lined out. Change the oil in the wife’s Yukon, service the sxs, make and rewire my switch panel and install the power commander and auto tune. Oh, and Thursday is my mowing day. Then I need to pack and load. Lol
Are you sure your going to make it lol

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
My brother in law has bags on his 2018 F-150 and it rides rough as hell to me. At what weight do you think you need bags? If your trailer is loaded properly do you still needs bags? Just wondered, I've never saw a need.

If you haul frequently they're a necessity on a 1/2 ton IMO. I've had Airlift bags on mine for a couple years now. I didn't opt for the onboard compressor either, ran a tee and put the valve in a license plate hole. Not on purpose, but I've hauled 2500 lbs of top soil in the bed.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
My brother in law has bags on his 2018 F-150 and it rides rough as hell to me. At what weight do you think you need bags? If your trailer is loaded properly do you still needs bags? Just wondered, I've never saw a need.

I’d like to ride in one that has them because I have not driven a half ton that uses airbags. I use an additional spring in the rear spring pack right now to compensate.

I just loaded for a 10 hour round trip and the work load isn’t like hauling the pioneer or similar load, I can’t get it centered because of the total length. It’s not bad at all but when I’m hauling a load in the bed full of stuff and the tongue weight of the trailer my truck does squat quite a bit. Just wondering if bags are worth it to me as I’ve not NEEDED them yet.

7fd212eea7b4ecbdecb7c689a17671ef

When we haul this load in a different truck, the top heavy load we have will push down and lift up on the truck when stopping and starting. It’s not bad like we are in 3/4 ton load territory but I’m picky about the load balance and handling so it’s something I pay a lot of attention to. Also curious if bags would help this.

The only time I’ve experienced driving with air bags was snuffs truck and that huge trailer. I’m sure we put too much air in the bags because it ride absolutely terrible. I think it got better after he let some out.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!