H.F.A.W.H.A. meeting

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just was talking with a friend this weekend that owns a general, wtached him snap a front axle on memorial weekend just above an idle, he runs a lift with arched arms, granted he was backing up, but he was venting to me about it, I asked him if he installed his steering stops... he looked at me like I knew his dirty little secret. What do ya know he got the drivers side in no problem, tried to fight the passenger side but gave up when it seemed to hard and figured they were over kill. Moral of the story, lift and arched arms need steering stops I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Just was talking with a friend this weekend that owns a general, wtached him snap a front axle on memorial weekend just above an idle, he runs a lift with arched arms, granted he was backing up, but he was venting to me about it, I asked him if he installed his steering stops... he looked at me like I knew his dirty little secret. What do ya know he got the drivers side in no problem, tried to fight the passenger side but gave up when it seemed to hard and figured they were over kill. Moral of the story, lift and arched arms need steering stops I believe

They do, I don't run them though, just be careful when turning tight corners!

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They do, I don't run them though, just be careful when turning tight corners!

You have arched superatv arms, and a lift?
Because that’s what Remington was asking about. Who wants a toy they have to be careful with, if that was the case I would have bought a Polaris

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You have arched superatv arms, and a lift?
Because that’s what Remington was asking about. Who wants a toy they have to be careful with, if that was the case I would have bought a Polaris

No lift and I ride hard when my wife isn't with me! HA!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

I’d agree but damn those things limit so much in the tight stuff. I ran them for a minute but got sick of the extra couple trips into reverse. Couldn’t roll around trees either. It was a huge difference

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Getting bummed. Mouth is really starting to hurt. Tooth is getting abscess. May have to delay trip short of having tooth pulled. Started antibiotics today but it’s been bugging me for some time. Not sure if I can just ignore it. Calling dentist back tomorrow. Suck!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Getting bummed. Mouth is really starting to hurt. Tooth is getting abscess. May have to delay trip short of having tooth pulled. Started antibiotics today but it’s been bugging me for some time. Not sure if I can just ignore it. Calling dentist back tomorrow. Suck!
There are dentists in Idaho...

J

JTW

Off topic but I know many of my fellow HFA brethren have experience with this. SATV says with my forward arched arms and Put my lift back on they say that I need to get longer axles. Do I have to or is it just a suggestion?
That’s false! I’m gunning the HL 2.5” lift with SATV a arms and 30’s.. with fox shocks. I’m not impressed with the SATV rear axles. They get hot and I’ve had a ton of premature failures due to it. The fronts are fine, they run cool and I don’t use steering stops either. But the rear axles I’ve yet to figure out. Stock axles don’t over heat and do fine. But there’s something about the SATV’s... I’ve pulled the lift before and they still get hot. I’ve adjusted preload and done everything I could possibly think to do. But I’ve just had s*** luck with them. I have no choice but to run the lift with my tire setup. But I’m ok with that because it makes for a good ride with all the side wall and the foxes.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Parked next to this dude at a job I’m at. Don’t think he’s gona make to much further with those belts sticking out lol.

Sure it’ll be fine! It’s just a flesh wound :rolleyes:

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Parked next to this dude at a job I’m at. Don’t think he’s gona make to much further with those belts sticking out lol.

Sure it’ll be fine! It’s just a flesh wound :rolleyes:View attachment 135133
The addiction is real! Wife loaded the kids up this morning and driving to Michigan to pick up yxz seats for her wolverine. 400 miles each way but for $150 brand new and they match her buggy. So if you see my Cummins driving past you make sure to wave!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The addiction is real! Wife loaded the kids up this morning and driving to Michigan to pick up yxz seats for her wolverine. 400 miles each way but for $150 brand new and they match her buggy. So if you see my Cummins driving past you make sure to wave!
I’ll tell Rhonda, she’s home today!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

What's the plan for those Wolvie seats?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!