Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ran up to see 100acre and found better campsite for the 4th. Next to a big creek it’ll be nice.
D2395175 A126 4366 87AA 25DF9524E42C
4D00986F 9AAE 43B0 BC6F 047C91058BF1
B0390718 F30F 4C61 9E34 BFA8A5E37B8F

advertisement
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You weren't the only one to do this, @Cuoutdoors don't you have something to share?
Sunday night at about 9:15 PM As I pulled out of my driveway I thought...i should probably put my seatbelt on for the road. Took it out of "cheat mode" aka unbuckled the passenger belt from my latch and buckled my seat belt. I put it on when I'm not working around the yard.

I was headed to the neighbors going 60 down a back road when a fat doe came out of the ditch faster than greased lighting. I was still probably going 50 when I hit it on the passenger front. She tried to make an angle away as did i. The bumper is totaled, the mount tube collapsed and the bumper is pushed into the plastic. I think the plastic is salvageable. The black grill is broken in several places. The change in momentum broke the window latches and the window slammed shut. The radiator mount is bent but I think it's all repairable. I dont have my doors on and I'm really glad the deer didn't come into the cab.

If I had my old front bumper it wouldn't have even left a scratch. I miss it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sunday night at about 9:15 PM As I pulled out of my driveway I thought...i should probably put my seatbelt on for the road. Took it out of "cheat mode" aka unbuckled the passenger belt from my latch and buckled my seat belt. I put it on when I'm not working around the yard.

I was headed to the neighbors going 60 down a back road when a fat doe came out of the ditch faster than greased lighting. I was still probably going 50 when I hit it on the passenger front. She tried to make an angle away as did i. The bumper is totaled, the mount tube collapsed and the bumper is pushed into the plastic. I think the plastic is salvageable. The black grill is broken in several places. The change in momentum broke the window latches and the window slammed shut. The radiator mount is bent but I think it's all repairable. I dont have my doors on and I'm really glad the deer didn't come into the cab.

Kind of sounds like what happened to me but had no damage

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

Glad you’re ok. I’ve got to agree with you on your old bumper, that would’ve faired much better then anything it was attached to lol.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Got lucky ourselves this weekend.
We had some passengers from out of state along for the ride. I’d told them to buckle up, I heard a bunch of clicks then as backed up I heard the “tink tink” against the rear cage, I looked back it wasn’t buckled. He explained it wouldn’t come out so I tore it apart and about 5 minutes later it worked fine.
As we got deeper into the brush following a friend we were very close running on exact path, it was sketchy with side hill and heavy brush. Restricted as a walking path.
My friend got out and was sawing some crossed up trees down while my passengers got out to go bathroom, when they got in the group was just moving out with my daughter in front of me. We were behind a little and as we went through the brush the soft ground gave out on my right rear sending my driver wheel skyward, we sat there I had both feet on brakes As the rig teetered, we were already on tilted ground and after about 30sec of sitting like that I felt rear move again.
We had already looked out to see what we were faced with and knew it was around 15ft down, had calmed the group down and asked them to grab handles and heads down towards center. Every move inside the machine moved more dirt. She slowly went, I turned off engine and held on.
We landed on side 1.75 rolls. Asked everyone ok and we all were. By then the rest of the group got there lead by my daughter who had walked back to check on us. A couple people helped our group and tipped it back over. Couldn’t for the life of me drive it back up so she needed winched by my buddy but his rig moved so had to anchor to @100Acre as well.
Long story short I’m so glad heard seatbelt flopping around and took the time to make sure it worked. Would’ve been different outcome!
446CC438 FBA1 43A1 94B6 C538D3C5A325
7046A93B 4919 46FB B459 ED9A377E58E9
17689217 C84D 41D5 A918 6A2D22F78C60

Last edited:
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We had some passengers from out of state along for the ride. I’d told them to buckle up, I heard a bunch of clicks then as backed up I heard the “tink tink” against the rear cage, I looked back it wasn’t buckled. He explained it wouldn’t come out so I tore it apart and about 5 minutes later it worked fine.
As we got deeper into the brush following a friend we were very close running on exact path, it was sketchy with side hill and heavy brush. Restricted as a walking path.
My friend got out and was sawing some trees down while my passengers got out to go bathroom, when they got in the group was just moving out with my daughter in front of me. We were behind a little and as we went through the brush the soft ground gave out on my right rear sending my driver wheel skyward, we sat there I had both feet on brakes As the rig teetered, we were already on tilted ground and after about 30sec of sitting like that I felt rear move again.
We had already looked out to see what we were faced with and knew it was around 15ft down, had calmed the group down and asked them to grab handles and heads down towards center. Every move inside the machine moved more dirt. She slowly went, I turned off engine and held on.
We landed on side 1.75 rolls. Asked everyone ok and we all were. By then the rest of the group got there lead by my daughter who had walked back to check on us. A couple people helped our group and tipped it back over. Couldn’t for the life of me drive it back up so she needed winched by my buddy but his rig moved so had to anchor to @100Acre as well.
Long story short I’m so glad heard seatbelt flopping around and took the time to make sure it worked. Would’ve been different outcome!View attachment 139348View attachment 139346 View attachment 139347
Ms 9U1W73

hoghead76

hoghead76

Feb 7, 2018
oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My friend got out and was sawing some trees down while my passengers got out to go bathroom, when they got in the group was just moving out with my daughter in front of me. We were behind a little and as we went through the brush the soft ground gave out on my right rear sending my driver wheel skyward, we sat there I had both feet on brakes As the rig teetered, we were already on tilted ground and after about 30sec of sitting like that I felt rear move again.
Long story short I’m so glad heard seatbelt flopping around and took the time to make sure it worked. Would’ve been different outcome!View attachment 139348View attachment 139346 View attachment 139347
Damn glad every ones OK. That could have went bad it it was not for you hearing the tink and stopping to check it out

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV