Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I really just skim these posts. It's a lot to keep up with so I will just go ahead and ask.

Who the hell is Cummins? Sounds like a nickname for the new bride- all this dripping, love goo you keep spewing over her is just about obnoxious. Been goin' on for weeks.

Anyway, Plumber-whoever you are, wherever you are. You have learned a great secret my grand pappy taught me years ago.
It ain't the size of the keg, it's the size of the cork hole that counts. And if you are a newlywed, congrats!
Shoot I’m not sure what you’re referring too lol.
24197418 921E 4AEE 98A0 9E907665CDA7
3DF71FA9 1D81 4B0F 9BE8 C2EE76E0D4B7
522847C2 4FB3 4C4A 9FFB 67CA91237308

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s the only thing a dodge has going for it unfortunately. That Cummins will out last 10 drivetrains and body’s of there trucks. The old C’s are loud sob’s too. Hence the saying “Dodge makes it Cummins shakes it”
Hell that's the most expensive part. What good is bearings that last 1,000,000 miles if she don't start?

advertisement
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I really just skim these posts. It's a lot to keep up with so I will just go ahead and ask.

Who the hell is Cummins? Sounds like a nickname for the new bride- all this dripping, love goo you keep spewing over her is just about obnoxious. Been goin' on for weeks.

Anyway, Plumber-whoever you are, wherever you are. You have learned a great secret my grand pappy taught me years ago.
It ain't the size of the keg, it's the size of the cork hole that counts. And if you are a newlywed, congrats!
Ya gotta stick around more, we all have the best trucks. Just ask us, we have fun once in awhile and the only guys that get pissy are the synthetic sound boys!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That’s the only thing a dodge has going for it unfortunately. That Cummins will out last 10 drivetrains and body’s of there trucks. The old C’s are loud sob’s too. Hence the saying “Dodge makes it Cummins shakes it”
I gotta disagree. People say that but me and everyone o know have had good luck. Never replaced a transmission. They are actually adjustable and many that have didn’t need to they just listened to uneducated people.
If you do have to rebuild the front end it’s 500 for the stuff that’ll last once and forget about it. The engine in my 35k bus is same as my truck. They definitely didn’t run PowerStroke or Isuzu in big busses, but they were good till 300k for first scheduled head gasket. In small busses (The only thing they’d kinda hold up in) they were sometimes worn out by 150k. Engine is the heart of a vehicle thus being the most expensive part to replace. Anyways my new truck is mechanical Cummins, Getrag 5speed, and Dana 80. Nothing to fail. Still a LOT of first gens rolling around. Way more then the Ford and Chev of same year and that’s considering many were raped of the engine to keep someones Ford or Chev alive.

Last edited:
mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I think all three make a pretty good truck. They each have plus's and minus's.. but overall, good machines. My current ride is the second Ford I've owned .. ever. I've gotta say, I love my truck! The 6.7 runs damn good.

It's an F350 (not 250) and it isn't lifted, (unless you call a level an actual lift haha!)

Now that I've been nice, all you Dodge owners can kiss my azz. :D

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think all three make a pretty good truck. They each have plus's and minus's.. but overall, good machines. My current ride is the second Ford I've owned .. ever. I've gotta say, I love my truck! The 6.7 runs damn good.

It's an F350 (not 250) and it isn't lifted, (unless you call a level an actual lift haha!)

Now that I've been nice, all you Dodge owners can kiss my azz. :D
Yes a level is a lift! But on that note I'd own anyone of them and be completely satisfied. Except a v6. No way I respect myself too much to spend that kinda coin on a 3.5 weed whip! Lol 2.7 maybe they are faster.

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
One thing the Cummins seems to have over the Powerstroke is fuel economy.. I rarely drive my without the trailer, but I've made two trips now without it. Ran 400 miles each trip, first one I ran between 78-85 the whole way, yesterday, it was more like 75 average. Both trips the computer said 15.1 mpg. My '03 F350 did better than that by one or two mpg.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One thing the Cummins seems to have over the Powerstroke is fuel economy.. I rarely drive my without the trailer, but I've made two trips now without it. Ran 400 miles each trip, first one I ran between 78-85 the whole way, yesterday, it was more like 75 average. Both trips the computer said 15.1 mpg. My '03 F350 did better than that by one or two mpg.
That's good at those speeds. I pulled of 21.8 driving to Florida but had cruise at 74-77. Wife went through Chicago and Detroit and back here.
20190612 190329

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Anyways...
Ya I like Cummins we all know that and why, so moving on to current situation.
Cheers Smellers!
FBE780EF 3F11 40EC B2B6 4148BBCEBC26

Haven’t used the grill this year. There were wasp nests in it so @100Acre and I fired that f***er up with them in it, I haven’t laughed that hard in a minute. f***ing bees!

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I gotta disagree. People say that but me and everyone o know have had good luck. Never replaced a transmission. They are actually adjustable and many that have didn’t need to they just listened to uneducated people.
If you do have to rebuild the front end it’s 500 for the stuff that’ll last once and forget about it. The engine in my 35k bus is same as my truck. They definitely didn’t run PowerStroke or Isuzu in big busses, but they were good till 300k for first scheduled head gasket. In small busses (The only thing they’d kinda hold up in) they were sometimes worn out by 150k. Engine is the heart of a vehicle thus being the most expensive part to replace. Anyways my new truck is mechanical Cummins, Getrag 5speed, and Dana 80. Nothing to fail. Still a LOT of first gens rolling around. Way more then the Ford and Chev of same year and that’s considering many were raped of the engine to keep someones Ford or Chev alive.
I can respect that cuz you don’t have any problems and that’s a good thing. But I may say when I was a Diesel mechanic at Roush, we did some dodge stuff so we had to have a few dodge trucks (diesel) to take Chrysler vehicles to the there headquarters or what have you in 4 car length haulers.Just like when we did our Ford stuff we couldn’t come rollin in in a Chevy or Dodge likewise lol. Every one of those dodges (all Cummins) either had multiple tranny issues and or drive line issues and we never kept them past 100k. They pulled like a rape ape but trannys snapped internally like pretzel sticks guys hated driving them. My neighbor had one with 40k, pulled out on M52 and I heard high pitch whine and a snap and rolled to a stop one sunny afternoon. Our Dodge guy (from Chrysler) said the tolerance are too tight internally, good for a gasser not so much for diesel. That’s from there engineer. So we had them beefed up later to help. The other problems we had was body in Michigan. Door rot and back fender rot. Rare to see one that’s not in a 5 year span. There newer styles to current seem better for rot but I’ve seen some with rear fender rot already. Cummins are a good motor no doubt. But I’ll do anything to have my 95’ DI 7.3 back any day. Had 350k when I sold it and was still going strong last I heard.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyways...
Ya I like Cummins we all know that and why, so moving on to current situation.
Cheers Smellers!
View attachment 140807
Haven’t used the grill this year. There were wasp nests in it so @100Acre and I fired that f***er up with them in it, I haven’t laughed that hard in a minute. f***ing bees!
Good protein!

advertisement