Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
My ko2 are 65 front 80 rear a little over 20,000 and are wearing great. And 90% is pulling 8000lbs.
Maybe the dirt is the diff. I don’t know. I do know a few that love them. Enough I can’t talk trash for sure but my experience hasn’t been good by any means

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I had a 5 speed in my 97 Dodge Ram dually. It had a problem about every 20,000 miles the nut would back off of 5th gear and you would lose 5th. The Cummins was turned up with a torque plate and exhaust and it was tagged for 36,000 pounds. At around 180,000 I traded it for an IH crew cab with a DT 466 and a 7 speed. It had air ride and stopped better but at about 150,000 the transmission took a dump. Luckily it was under warranty and an IH dealer in Louisville,Ky. fixed it for the deductible and I was on my way. That was the last standard transmission I ever owned. The '07 Cummins Ram and the 2012 Cummins Ram I had came with the 68RE auto and with 300,000 combined miles I never had a problem. Both were 6.7's with the 07 being deleted and turned way up.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Maybe the dirt is the diff. I don’t know. I do know a few that love them. Enough I can’t talk trash for sure but my experience hasn’t been good by any means

It’s been a long time for me since I’ve tried to BFGOODRICH A/Ts. Best tire I’ve ever used is the Michelin LTX A/T 2. I’m about 10,000 miles or so into this new set of BFgoodrich tires and they seem to have a less stiff side wall and move around a little bit more and the wet traction is not near as good as the Michelin‘s. The Michelin’s consistently lasted me 90,000 miles over five sets in a row and that was pretty hard use as I have a heavy right foot I’m not so sure if the BF good rich will last as long but I shall find out soon. As long as they last as long as one eco-boost, I usually like to change motors at the same time as my tires. :)

One thing that helps me is they don’t see much dirt except for just occasionally getting to the riding spot.
72bf13eb8893d20e8e15f91117a48e19

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It’s been a long time for me since I’ve tried to BFGOODRICH A/Ts. Best tire I’ve ever used is the Michelin LTX A/T 2. I’m about 10,000 miles or so into this new set of BFgoodrich tires and they seem to have a less stiff side wall and move around a little bit more and the wet traction is not near as good as the Michelin‘s. The Michelin’s consistently lasted me 90,000 miles over five sets in a row and that was pretty hard use as I have a heavy right foot I’m not so sure if the BF good rich will last as long but I shall find out soon. As long as they last as long as one eco-boost, I usually like to change motors at the same time as my tires. :)

One thing that helps me is they don’t see much dirt except for just occasionally getting to the riding spot.
View attachment 140872
Can’t say I’ve ever tried Michelin on a truck but always had great luck on passenger cars. That is good mileage, worth the extra coin

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Can’t say I’ve ever tried Michelin on a truck but always had great luck on passenger cars. That is good mileage, worth the extra coin

They call them all terrains but they’re not very aggressive at all. It’s what comes standard on most of the F250 trucks. My buddy ran them over 100k but he drives a lot easier.

B44aea1d4521ed6d7a17b3f608cd4622

Not good in the slick stuff as I found out one time. We did one of those 5K mud run and obstacle courses last year sometime. There were hundreds of cars parked in a field and it was raining during the event and nobody could get out of there. My truck would not move 2 feet from where it was parked until I let the air down to about 15 pounds and then I spent several hours pulling people back to the blacktop. I stopped when I local jeep club showed up in large quantities and we’re helping people out.

022e707e5aaf335cc7746f442d800a4e

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
They call them all terrains but they’re not very aggressive at all. It’s what comes standard on most of the F250 trucks. My buddy ran them over 100k but he drives a lot easier.

View attachment 140878

Not good in the slick stuff as I found out one time. We did one of those 5K mud run and obstacle courses last year sometime. There were hundreds of cars parked in a field and it was raining during the event and nobody could get out of there. My truck would not move 2 feet from where it was parked until I let the air down to about 15 pounds and then I spent several hours pulling people back to the blacktop. I stopped when I local jeep club showed up in large quantities and we’re helping people out.

View attachment 140879
Have you been in snow with them, how do they do?

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
I had a 5 speed in my 97 Dodge Ram dually. It had a problem about every 20,000 miles the nut would back off of 5th gear and you would lose 5th. The Cummins was turned up with a torque plate and exhaust and it was tagged for 36,000 pounds. At around 180,000 I traded it for an IH crew cab with a DT 466 and a 7 speed. It had air ride and stopped better but at about 150,000 the transmission took a dump. Luckily it was under warranty and an IH dealer in Louisville,Ky. fixed it for the deductible and I was on my way. That was the last standard transmission I ever owned. The '07 Cummins Ram and the 2012 Cummins Ram I had came with the 68RE auto and with 300,000 combined miles I never had a problem. Both were 6.7's with the 07 being deleted and turned way up.
Manual transmission suck balls in pickups! Need to leave them in sports cars or jeeps!

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
They suck in the snow! They came standard like @joeymt33 said on my F350. When I plow all they did was spin like a passenger car tire. They ride nice and are quiet when traveling that’s it. I switched to Cooper AT3 XLT at 50k and love them 10 times better

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Sorry to keep adding to this...
bottom line is the lugs aren’t big enough to kick out thick mud or any kind of snow. Great looking tire tho. I wish Michelin would revamp that design they make nice quality tires

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Manual transmission suck balls in pickups! Need to leave them in sports cars or jeeps!
You’re just lazy:rolleyes: actually perfect for trucks if it’s a work truck. Engine breaking better then even new trucks, no overheating ever, much lower maintenance costs if any, less power loss and no slop. If I just commuted in town with a pickup I’d go back to auto.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
You’re just lazy:rolleyes: actually perfect for trucks if it’s a work truck. Engine breaking better then even new trucks, no overheating ever, much lower maintenance costs if any, less power loss and no slop. If I just commuted in town with a pickup I’d go back to auto.
Not to mention you have a nice creeper gear in first.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
I don’t have any of those issues. :rolleyes: I will give you the lower maintenance cost for the fluid and filter changes, other than that auto superior in every way.

Tap the brakes with the tow/haul mode engaged and it will downshift automatically, plus I have a selectable exhaust brake if I need more engine breaking.
2019 model is the last year you’ll be able to get a manual in a Ram truck. Chevy and Ford discontinued already.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Wife drove the camper hulk we used to build our toyhauler to the dump today. She’s tough. Actually looked pretty good up there.
546B66F1 FBAD 40EF A0F8 09FE55587ABB

She’s hell bent to clean up the driveway. Youngest son is coming in tomorrow with a skid steer to level it all out so s***s gotta go. @100Acre helping a bit, appreciate the help.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Wife drove the camper hulk we used to build our toyhauler to the dump today. She’s tough. Actually looked pretty good up there.
View attachment 140922
She’s hell bent to clean up the driveway. Youngest son is coming in tomorrow with a skid steer to level it all out so s***s gotta go. @100Acre helping a bit, appreciate the help.
Good for her!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I don’t have any of those issues. :rolleyes: I will give you the lower maintenance cost for the fluid and filter changes, other than that auto superior in every way.

Tap the brakes with the tow/haul mode engaged and it will downshift automatically, plus I have a selectable exhaust brake if I need more engine breaking.
2019 model is the last year you’ll be able to get a manual in a Ram truck. Chevy and Ford discontinued already.

Ya I’ve been in newer autos, drove many of them around. Drove one all the way to Tennessee. I hate auto myself, and too f***ing expensive overall. They’ve came a long ways though. All the brands are much better.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Yep, they can't handle the torque, the are only 680. Compared to 800, 850, 1000. At least enough to warranty it. Which a clutch never is in the auto world, look at the super cars, auto is faster.

advertisement