H.F.A.W.H.A. meeting

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Ya I’ve been in newer autos, drove many of them around. Drove one all the way to Tennessee. I hate auto myself, and too f***ing expensive overall. They’ve came a long ways though. All the brands are much better.
When/if your clutch last 400k let us know. There’s a reason why all the manufacturers have discontinued manuals. They suck;)
So far 122k and zero issues on the Ram.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
What has your experience been good with? Lol. Name 3 things not counting people or this forum.
Cummins, Toyota, Nissan, IPhone, Honda dirtbikes, marriage, health, family dogs, camping, cowboy boots, building s***,...

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry to keep adding to this...
bottom line is the lugs aren’t big enough to kick out thick mud or any kind of snow. Great looking tire tho. I wish Michelin would revamp that design they make nice quality tires
Couldn't be worse than the transforce that came on my ram. Just a joke, why are they even made.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
When/if your clutch last 400k let us know. There’s a reason why all the manufacturers have discontinued manuals. They suck;)
So far 122k and zero issues on the Ram.
No they discontinued them because people are lazy and prefer not to spill thier macchiato lol. Even if clutch did go(hadn’t yet, I have all receipts 250k and 25 years old) it’s 300$ and a couple hours at my house not 10k at the dealer. Can’t justify that to a cheap guy like me.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ahhhhhh real food again. Love me some Thai....
8D4C47B5 8AA6 4A83 8E9C FFA47B0740DF

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
No they discontinued them because people are lazy and prefer not to spill thier macchiato lol. Even if clutch did go(hadn’t yet, I have all receipts 250k and 25 years old) it’s 300$ and a couple hours at my house not 10k at the dealer. Can’t justify that to a cheap guy like me.

If the transmission goes out, you trade it in on a new one:rolleyes: jeez.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The 4R100's we pulled out at my shop were generally 1800-2200 dollars and included a reman converter. The earlier powerstrokes had a rattle in the converter and we fixed those with an R&R,reman converter,new front transmission seal and a fluid and filter change.

advertisement
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Handy on the farm, but CP ain’t farming.;)
Haha. I had one in a 90’ F250 with a 351v8 and a 4:10 rear end. That sucker creeped in that gear. Felt like it was made to pull houses lol I only used it twice. Rest of the time I started in 2nd or 3rd.

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The 4R100's we pulled out at my shop were generally 1800-2200 dollars and included a reman converter. The earlier powerstrokes had a rattle in the converter and we fixed those with an R&R,reman converter,new front transmission seal and a fluid and filter change.
The E4OD’s with a beefier torque converter weren’t good. The E4OD was ok, just not great for our Powerstrokes. We had our driveline shops beef them up when they went bad. I had 2 in my 95’ 1 was a motorcraft reman and the other was the same but with a bigger converter and tuned to different shift patterns

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yep, they can't handle the torque, the are only 680. Compared to 800, 850, 1000. At least enough to warranty it. Which a clutch never is in the auto world, look at the super cars, auto is faster.
Ya but the new autos electronically limit the torque (more electronics) so they don’t destroy themselves. You can’t use that power all the time. Less power hit the ground in auto anyways.
And yes auto is faster, there’s no clutch.
I’m strictly talking durability and price.
You forgot the pelican cooler and beretta.
s*** you know me better then I know myself sometimes brother.
Oh and on that note...
E897BA6B B95E 4286 AA9F 1F7D4965FAC8

The Pelican got ejected from the Wolverine into a couple trees on our flight down that cliff and then the rig landed on it. Apparently we can break a damn Pelican too.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Ya but the new autos electronically limit the torque (more electronics) so they don’t destroy themselves. You can’t use that power all the time. Less power hit the ground in auto anyways.

Oh and on that note...
View attachment 140928
The Pelican got ejected from the Wolverine into a couple trees on our flight down that cliff and then the rig landed on it. Apparently we can break a damn Pelican too.
Good grief, :rolleyes:o_O:rolleyes: you killed the cooler?

Last edited:
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Oh and on that note...
View attachment 140928

Not much you can’t break.

advertisement