Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
A little t-belt on a Nissan today.

20190822 135524

Came in on the hook. Crank, no start. No spark, but had pulse width. Someone had been all the way down to the timing belt trying to figure out what was up.
Bad coil. Cracked and arcing to the dist housing. Fixed that and found out they had pulled the distributor out and the timing was off there. Fixed that and finally, runny run run. I noticed the belt was a Nissan brand, and with 169k, we decided to change it.

Haven't worked on a Nissan in a while, and it was a nice reminder of why they used to be called Datsuns: their engineering is dog s***. f*** Nissan.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
A little t-belt on a Nissan today.

View attachment 149644

Came in on the hook. Crank, no start. No spark, but had pulse width. Someone had been all the way down to the timing belt trying to figure out what was up.
Bad coil. Cracked and arcing to the dist housing. Fixed that and found out they had pulled the distributor out and the timing was off there. Fixed that and finally, runny run run. I noticed the belt was a Nissan brand, and with 169k, we decided to change it.

Haven't worked on a Nissan in a while, and it was a nice reminder of why they used to be called Datsuns: their engineering is dog s***. f*** Nissan.
Better then what I’m working on!
04C66CEE 326E 48C3 BFEA C9E29CB048C6

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I look at a skilled bodywork man in the same light that I would some type of god; with stupified awe. I can't do s*** with it, and am amazed at anyone who can without killing anyone in reach.
Lol. Well I look at anyone who has the patience to work under the hood of these PowerStokes as either a magician or an absolute gluten for punishment. Luckily on this one we don’t need to tear to far behind the core support.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Lol. Well I look at anyone who has the patience to work under the hood of these PowerStokes as either a magician or an absolute gluten for punishment. Luckily on this one we don’t need to tear to far behind the core support.
Yeah...that's my favorite when someone says, "but the cab isn't hard to pull". Talk about rose colored glasses...

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Looks like I might get to pull the dash on a previous gen Ram for an a/c evaporator. Kinda excited the see the guts.
Thing I hate more then anything is wiring harnesses. Had to replace near complete harnesses for a stupid bad plug. European cars are the worst. 10 pounds of s*** in 5 pound bag. I’ll loose patience quickly.
0DC39697 57D9 444D B009 184E80477BC9

B1C32E4E AF24 4AE8 96B8 9362D6870835

Not that I can’t work on newer stuff but I sure like the old crap I drive!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thing I hate more then anything is wiring harnesses. Had to replace near complete harnesses for a stupid bad plug. European cars are the worst. 10 pounds of s*** in 5 pound bag. I’ll loose patience quickly.
View attachment 149688
View attachment 149690

Not that I can’t work on newer stuff but I sure like the old crap I drive!
In this part of the country, the German stuff is pathetic. Everything plastic crumbles after a few years. It's like they think desert is some mythical place that doesn't really exist, and continue to use the same old heat intolerant plastic.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
In this part of the country, the German stuff is pathetic. Everything plastic crumbles after a few years. It's like they think desert is some mythical place that doesn't really exist, and continue to use the same old heat intolerant plastic.
Here too. I think it’s the same plastic makeup as early model K-car. Can only have certain people work on it and even then plan on replacing a few things.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Rollin along the Columbia I see... that big ol blade is probably headed for our neck of the woods. Dam things are everywhere over here.
Ya Central Washington is full of those. Kinda cool driving by. Don’t realize how big they are till up close.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!