Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Crazy shi* happens.

My 30 year old daughter, 7 year old grand daughter and husband have a house in a rural area in Kyle, Texas, about 25 miles southwest of Austin. Last night about 10 PM, a knock on the door. My son-in-law (Ed) go’s to the door. A guy who looks to be in his early 20’s tells him he needs a tow for his car. Ed tells him that he doesn’t think either of their cars (they have a Nissan Altima and Nissan Versa) are suitable for towing. The guy pulls out a knife and stabs Ed in the chest. Ed is about 5’11’, and I would guess weighs close to 275 lbs. Fortunately the knife missed his heart and lungs by inches, and the guy quickly withdrew it. Ed grabbed his hand holding the knife with both hands, threw him down and bit his hand until he dropped the knife. Ed proceeded to beat the crap out of him, in spite of his wound. My daughter heard the commotion and called the sheriff. They were there in less than 10 minutes to arrest the guy.

It turns out the guy had just been released from a mental hospital and was not taking his meds. He did not even have a car and had just been out wandering around looking for trouble. I am sure this would be big news if the guy was just a regular criminal, and carrying a gun instead of a knife. When the hell are they going to start doing something about the mental health professionals who turn the violent and really dangerous ones loose instead of keeping them locked up, or reporting their behavior the authorities?

I’m just glad my daughter or grand daughter did not answer the door. Anyway Ed was released from the hospital today and is going to be ok.

Sorry about the off topic rant, but I figured you guys would go easy on me. In my defense, I am working on my 6th Bud Light Platinum right now.
That is part of the topic line in here. Holy crap glad it worked out that way. Never know what can happen and when the day might be the last. Sounds like the perpetrator is lucky it wasn’t his judgment day.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Crazy shi* happens.

My 30 year old daughter, 7 year old grand daughter and husband have a house in a rural area in Kyle, Texas, about 25 miles southwest of Austin. Last night about 10 PM, a knock on the door. My son-in-law (Ed) go’s to the door. A guy who looks to be in his early 20’s tells him he needs a tow for his car. Ed tells him that he doesn’t think either of their cars (they have a Nissan Altima and Nissan Versa) are suitable for towing. The guy pulls out a knife and stabs Ed in the chest. Ed is about 5’11’, and I would guess weighs close to 275 lbs. Fortunately the knife missed his heart and lungs by inches, and the guy quickly withdrew it. Ed grabbed his hand holding the knife with both hands, threw him down and bit his hand until he dropped the knife. Ed proceeded to beat the crap out of him, in spite of his wound. My daughter heard the commotion and called the sheriff. They were there in less than 10 minutes to arrest the guy.

It turns out the guy had just been released from a mental hospital and was not taking his meds. He did not even have a car and had just been out wandering around looking for trouble. I am sure this would be big news if the guy was just a regular criminal, and carrying a gun instead of a knife. When the hell are they going to start doing something about the mental health professionals who turn the violent and really dangerous ones loose instead of keeping them locked up, or reporting their behavior the authorities?

I’m just glad my daughter or grand daughter did not answer the door. Anyway Ed was released from the hospital today and is going to be ok.

Sorry about the off topic rant, but I figured you guys would go easy on me. In my defense, I am working on my 6th Bud Light Platinum right now.
Glad all is ok with your son in law.
Dam bastards need to do something about those guys. My cousin is a sheriff and talks about dealing with those guys all the time and the stories aren’t good endings.

PS your good here with venting anytime friend. cheers:)

hoghead76

hoghead76

Feb 7, 2018
oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Crazy shi* happens.

Glad he going to be ok . Bet next time he answers the door at 10pm will have gun in hand
and things will turn out different

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
My buddy just sent me this. Lol
4FA4DE67 2129 4546 AFA8 D5B5042854B8

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Crazy shi* happens.

Well I"ll join right in on your rant, where's mental health care in the US, only for those who have the money to pay for it! The rich crazy people!

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Crazy shi* happens.

Dam! Glad everyone is ok.

J

JTW

Crazy shi* happens.

What the f***... I’m pretty sure I’d have smashed his head in with a rock.

advertisement
J

JTW

Crazy shi* happens.

And where’d the guy get the knife if he was just released

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Today was busy day
My friend started getting into the trans rebuild on his Ford trans
17C08BBC BB92 41A7 99E5 D6292E744C4A

And the wrecked Cummins he bought as a replacement now runs. It wouldn’t fire up since he got it and I assumed it was air in the fuel, turned out to be fuel shutoff solenoid, no biggie. I kept telling him if a 12v gets fuel it runs, who knew lol.
Anyways runs beautiful so next step is body. Got the wrecked crap off and we’re going out around the yard next weekend to round up parts. He said he’s got a couple white ones to scavenge from. Not going to be pretty because he doesn’t care, it’ll have a rough life as a yard truck while commuting down a 40 mile dirt road.
4040A8CE 3E7B 460D A28E 2B2E45711F94

advertisement