Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I agree. Normally when things go somewhat as expected it’s all good but frustration leads to mistakes. I’m guilty of that occasionally. I don’t like to but I’ll admit failure.
Ground the studs off this morning. Think I’ll reuse the hub by throwing a weld on the replacement studs to the hub. Wheel is toast. s*** happens gotta move on, it’s getting fixed.

View attachment 170351
That's a dilemma! Do you have a spare, if you don't here's your chance. Been thinking about the bevel lug nuts on the wheel, that's what keeps the lug bolt centered in the wheel. So what if you, after installing new lug bolts and wrapping them with tape, reinstall your wheel with the good lug bolts/nuts and fill the gaps on the bad ones with J B Weld? Had very good results with this on my 70 MPH bass boat on the scagg.

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That's a dilemma! Do you have a spare, if you don't here's your chance. Been thinking about the bevel lug nuts on the wheel, that's what keeps the lug bolt centered in the wheel. So what if you, after installing new lug bolts and wrapping them with tape, reinstall your wheel with the good lug bolts/nuts and fill the gaps on the bad ones with J B Weld? Had very good results with this on my 70 MPH bass boat on the scagg.
Ya I do have another complete set but I was going to run separate wet/dry tires on each set. Gotta find another rim at some point but for now f*** it I’ll run one red rim. I’m a hillbilly anyways lol.
I do believe in JB Weld myself. These holes are wallered out nearly the size of the nuts, all 4. Pretty bad, No way I’d try to repair and put back in service. Maybe low speed spare to get back to camp.
Could possibly make something like this work but not going to try.
D36F208F 6C32 4A5D 90E8 D515B21DC439

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ya I do have another complete set but I was going to run separate wet/dry tires on each set. Gotta find another rim at some point but for now f*** it I’ll run one red rim. I’m a hillbilly anyways lol.
I do believe in JB Weld myself. These holes are wallered out nearly the size of the nuts, all 4. Pretty bad, No way I’d try to repair and put back in service. Maybe low speed spare to get back to camp.
View attachment 170428
I understand! Dang new wheel!

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 170428
Lifetime warranty apply?

advertisement
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
23 earthquakes under Mt Rainier in the past two weeks

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!