May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Missing 2 days of work this week allowed me to watch some old favorites:
Young Guns 1 and 2.
Phantasm
Christine

...and the remake of True Grit. And you all will burn me at the stake as a heretic for saying it, but it's better than the original. Flame away!
I agree on True Grit .. the remake was really good. For John Wayne movies - Big Jake is still probably my favorite
Blasphemers!!!!
To each his own....but i thought it was absolutely terrible!

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Young Guns 1 and 2.
Phantasm
Christine

...and the remake of True Grit. And you all will burn me at the stake as a heretic for saying it, but it's better than the original. Flame away!
That was a good looking 68 Charger in Christine.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
FB IMG 1578837358956

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Young Guns 1 and 2.
Phantasm
Christine

That hurt my heart! What is going on here? I don’t even know who you are anymore! :eek:

advertisement
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
That hurt my heart! What is going on here? I don’t even know who you are anymore! :eek:
Well...get ready for more...

I'm not a really a big John Wayne fan. I mean....I'm a big fan of the man John wayne, but I don't think he was that great of an actor. To me, his best work was probably the shootist.
Take "The Searchers". Often on lists of greatest westerns. Watched in back in KY, and it Just didn't do anything for me other than being filmed in southern Utah. And the goofy white guy Indian chief?

Once again, flame away gents!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I don’t know that I have a favorite, my top three are:
Sons of Katie Elder
Eldorado
McClintock
Cahill United States Marshall

we watch that at deer camp every year! Just love how he rips on that Indian tracker Lightgoot!
Cahill: “Lightfoot, You said Indians don’t feel pain?”
Lightfoot: “that’s the white man in me!” Hahaha

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Be 47 in March. Hard to believe I'm that old. Doesn't seem like it.
Wow! Would have never thought that lol. I’m 45. Playing a catcher most of my life in baseball they all said “wait till your 40, you’ll feel it!” It started at 42-43. My hips and lower back remind me every day lol

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Wow! Would have never thought that lol. I’m 45. Playing a catcher most of my life in baseball they all said “wait till your 40, you’ll feel it!” It started at 42-43. My hips and lower back remind me every day lol
Well...I probably don't act like it. And honestly don't feel like it (most days, anyway). Kinda shocking to think about it, as it really doesn't seem like I've been around that long.

Catching. Can't imagine how quickly that would wear down the body. Seems like the knees would be toast quickly.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Well...I probably don't act like it. And honestly don't feel like it (most days, anyway). Kinda shocking to think about it, as it really doesn't seem like I've been around that long.

Catching. Can't imagine how quickly that would wear down the body. Seems like the knees would be toast quickly.
Lol your like my 83 yr old father in law, he says your only as old as you feel! If that’s the case I’m screwed when I hit 60! Lol.

yes, everyone thinks the knees are the first to go. In some I believe yes. I’m what you call a tall catcher, I’m 6-2 so I have a wider stance so I could move faster so that’s harder in the hips. I was also an advocate for new equipment yearly. There’s a brake point where the knee flexes in the shin guard and your constantly pounding it so it can get weak and when guys didn’t change them when they should you stand a chance of twisting or smashing you patellar tendon and that leads to bad knees. It’s all how you take care of them.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!