BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well this sucked...

Lady pulled out in front of us while we were headed home from dinner last night. We were on a 55 mph highway, she ran a stop sign on a side street. Wife was driving and saw it out of the corner of her eye and had just enough time to turn the wheel so it wasn't a head on collision. Pretty sure our Forester is totaled :mad: . We all walked away with very minor injuries, so the Subie did its job. Looks like the frame is pushed into the firewall. Only thing holding the wheel/hub on is the strut.

Lady hit us in a Kia Sorrento, it did not fare as well. She is 100% at fault, was cited at the scene, and her insurance company is trying to dick me around about determining liability. The lady that hit us isn't answering the phone calls from her insurance company either. She has Root, I'd never even heard of it. Pretty sure I'll end up having to go through my own State Farm insurance policy to get any sort of timely resolution to this.

View attachment 216966

View attachment 216962
View attachment 216963
View attachment 216964

View attachment 216967

View attachment 216968

View attachment 216969
Glad you guys are ok

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Well this sucked...

Lady pulled out in front of us while we were headed home from dinner last night. We were on a 55 mph highway, she ran a stop sign on a side street. Wife was driving and saw it out of the corner of her eye and had just enough time to turn the wheel so it wasn't a head on collision. Pretty sure our Forester is totaled :mad: . We all walked away with very minor injuries, so the Subie did its job. Looks like the frame is pushed into the firewall. Only thing holding the wheel/hub on is the strut.

Lady hit us in a Kia Sorrento, it did not fare as well. She is 100% at fault, was cited at the scene, and her insurance company is trying to dick me around about determining liability. The lady that hit us isn't answering the phone calls from her insurance company either. She has Root, I'd never even heard of it. Pretty sure I'll end up having to go through my own State Farm insurance policy to get any sort of timely resolution to this.

View attachment 216966

View attachment 216962
View attachment 216963
View attachment 216964

View attachment 216967

View attachment 216968

View attachment 216969
Glad everyone came outta there unharmed. Good luck with the ins BS.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well this sucked...

View attachment 216966

View attachment 216962
View attachment 216963
View attachment 216964

View attachment 216967

View attachment 216968

View attachment 216969
I’m glad everyone is ok and that’s what matters. What a scare.😯

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cheers boys

AE544CA7 B291 4507 BD22 3224E60E0FF4

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Well this sucked...

View attachment 216966

View attachment 216962
View attachment 216963
View attachment 216964

View attachment 216967

View attachment 216968

View attachment 216969

Ouch! Glad you all are ok. It’s such a pain dealing with these kinds of things. I’d just let your insurance deal with them. They’ll take care of your vehicle and go after their insurance for payment. Also if it’s totaled, push for what you want, often times you can get more than what the ins companies first offer is.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Ouch! Glad you all are ok. It’s such a pain dealing with these kinds of things. I’d just let your insurance deal with them. They’ll take care of your vehicle and go after their insurance for payment. Also if it’s totaled, push for what you want, often times you can get more than what the ins companies first offer is.
Never had to deal with fighting the insurance before. My wife's Altima got rear ended while sitting in traffic on the interstate in New Orleans by a Yukon at a really slow rate of speed. The Yukon bumper bent the rear frame rails when the lady slammed on the brakes and the front end dove. We both had State Farm, they called it a total loss, and we had a check and were in a new car in less than 3 days. Had a similar experience with Geico when a guy side swiped me on the interstate when I was in college; quick and easy.

This Root insurance is an all App based thing with no brick and mortar locations or dedicated agents. The guy handing our claim called back about an hour ago and said they finally got a hold of their policy holder and she admitted fault. Now to see what they come back with after they pick up the Subaru and get an estimate. A lot of the complaints I read online was that they were offering close to NADA values versus private sale/KBB.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Big change from recent weather! Be nice for the upcoming weekend of riding but hated waking up with it raining on all my tools outside.
Nice to see 20 deg drop and rain though, we needed it
9B18FBBB 0482 49BD BD4D D35F3326B5A5

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Big change from recent weather! Be nice for the upcoming weekend of riding but hated waking up with it raining on all my tools outside.
Nice to see 20 deg drop and rain though, we needed it
View attachment 217067
It only made it up to 91 here yesterday! Better chances of rain next week, glad you are having cooler weather!

advertisement
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Bought the wife a new (to us) 2019 Subaru Ascent this morning with 43k on the odometer for $30,900. Got it through Carvana and it was almost too easy... It blows my mind that I can go through the entire car buying process without ever speaking to a human other than the verification of some loan info. Much prefer that to the standard dealer bulls***. Should be here next week.

The Root insurance we've been dealing with has actually been pretty good. Picked up rental this morning and they are coming to get the Forester tomorrow. Real kicker will be what they try to do with the estimate/total loss value now...

Last edited:
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bought the wife a new (to us) Subaru Ascent this morning. Got it through Carvana and it was almost too easy... It blows my mind that I can go through the entire car buying process without ever speaking to a human other than the verification of some loan info. Much prefer that to the standard dealer bulls***. Should be here next week.

View attachment 217162

The Root insurance we've been dealing with has actually been pretty good. Picked up rental this morning and they are coming to get the Forester tomorrow. Real kicker will be what they try to do with the estimate/total loss value now...
I’ve often wondered how that really worked.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I’ve often wondered how that really worked.
Man, it was SO easy. When they deliver it we have 7 days to decide if we want to keep it, and if we don't I'm just out the $500 delivery fee. If I lived closer to one of the "vending machines" there wouldn't even be a delivery fee.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Man, it was SO easy. When they deliver it we have 7 days to decide if we want to keep it, and if we don't I'm just out the $500 delivery fee. If I lived closer to one of the "vending machines" there wouldn't even be a delivery fee.
Wife worked at Carvana until they laid off a bunch of people for covid. She's remarked several times about he easy it is.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!