Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I had a P500. @Adam490 is correct, They do ride like a pogo stickšŸ˜Ž
Kinda need to know how to wheel a bit if you own one. Rode with many and most of the ones I rode with the owner wasnā€™t afraid to lay her over.

J

JTW

Hell Iā€™ll ride with them too. Honestly riding is riding as long as thereā€™s some good spurts of movement it doesnā€™t really matter. From hell bent to break something to a cruise if with the right people. Day rides and night rides are completely different as far as styles. At night itā€™s more fun to bulls*** a bit more. All for anything as long as the group is having fun.
Riding is not riding... there are those that would prefer to drink and ā€œrideā€ and then there are those who would rather ride and maybe drink. Where you fall within those criteria are where issues arise. If I go to ride... I want to f***ing ride. If Iā€™m going to drink then it doesnā€™t matter. The issue is the guy going to drink can ruin a ride for an entire group based off their decisions. They can abstain and have a great day riding and still drink later. But someone getting plastered and killing a day or more for the rest of the bunch... well, they canā€™t get that back. Too often these ā€œridesā€ become more of a booze cruise. And donā€™t get me wrong... Iā€™ll be right there if thatā€™s the ride. But when people would rather drink than ride it frankly causes issue when some folks drive house and hours and take vacation to be out actually riding and laying down miles on a trail. Enough s*** gets broke without alcohol and the harder you ride the more likely that is to happen. And just because some folks can actually put down some miles doesnā€™t mean they ride the gravel.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Riding is not riding... there are those that would prefer to drink and ā€œrideā€ and then there are those who would rather ride and maybe drink. Where you fall within those criteria are where issues arise. If I go to ride... I want to f***ing ride. If Iā€™m going to drink then it doesnā€™t matter. The issue is the guy going to drink can ruin a ride for an entire group based off their decisions. They can abstain and have a great day riding and still drink later. But someone getting plastered and killing a day or more for the rest of the bunch... well, they canā€™t get that back. Too often these ā€œridesā€ become more of a booze cruise. And donā€™t get me wrong... Iā€™ll be right there if thatā€™s the ride. But when people would rather drink than ride it frankly causes issue when some folks drive house and hours and take vacation to be out actually riding and laying down miles on a trail. Enough s*** gets broke without alcohol and the harder you ride the more likely that is to happen. And just because some folks can actually put down some miles doesnā€™t mean they ride the gravel.
I agree, what's your point? HA! I like to hook up and ride, and back at camp eat swig and get ready for the next day and not leave at 11:00 AM. 8:00 Am is more like it!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Again man I donā€™t break much when drinking because that tends to be later when Iā€™m more cruising. But regardless of s*** you and I laid down more hours and miles then anyone, you were there and admit that. People say the 5-30 group but then they go to bed at 9 lol. Not to many ride 18+ hours a day for days. You only did because I always said letā€™s go more. We had a good time, anyone with us did. Woke up to ride went to sleep vibrating from the ride. My only b**** was we were always gone so there wasnā€™t much chance to get in the group. Wouldā€™ve liked to meet and ride with more. Give me my own machine and Iā€™ll always be right there unlike my second trip out. Not afraid to ride.
Yes I broke a lot but it wasnā€™t all me and your talking 1000 miles in Tennessee, thatā€™s 5 trips for most, of course thereā€™s going to be broken s***. Youā€™ve broke a lot of s*** too. And I never rolled until I saw you roll over constantly. And no it wasnā€™t gravel lmao just like here with most of it. Like said Iā€™ll ride however the guys Iā€™m with choose to honestly donā€™t care, I just like to ride with my buddies

J

JTW

Again man I donā€™t break much when drinking because that tends to be later when Iā€™m more cruising. But regardless of s*** you and I laid down more hours and miles then anyone, you were there and admit that. People say the 5-30 group but then they go to bed at 9 lol. Not to many ride 18+ hours a day for days. You only did because I always said letā€™s go more. We had a good time, anyone with us did. Woke up to ride went to sleep vibrating from the ride. My only b**** was we were always gone so there wasnā€™t much chance to get in the group. Wouldā€™ve liked to meet and ride with more. Give me my own machine and Iā€™ll always be right there unlike my second trip out. Not afraid to ride.
Yes I broke a lot but it wasnā€™t all me and your talking 1000 miles in Tennessee, thatā€™s 5 trips for most, of course thereā€™s going to be broken s***. Youā€™ve broke a lot of s*** too. And I never rolled until I saw you roll over constantly. And no it wasnā€™t gravel lmao just like here with most of it.
Youā€™re missing my point... Iā€™m not taking about one ride from 4 years ago.. weā€™ve ridden together what, twice in the last 5 years? Iā€™m talking about what and how we ride and do now. You havenā€™t been a part of that for a while... and I get why. Iā€™m just saying, people keep getting butt hurt about several of us from here that ride together regularly, buying and suggesting machines we can ride and not have to work on the same way we did the pioneers, all while doing the same kind of it harder riding. When I hear people talk about what theyā€™re wanting to do to a pioneer and why... and Iā€™m like whoa, been there done that. Learn form my mistake and save yourself some money and look here. PEOPLE LOSE THEIR f***ING MINDS!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yes I broke a lot but it wasnā€™t all me and your talking 1000 miles in Tennessee, thatā€™s 5 trips for most, of course thereā€™s going to be broken s***. Youā€™ve broke a lot of s*** too. And I never rolled until I saw you roll over constantly. And no it wasnā€™t gravel lmao just like here with most of it. Like said Iā€™ll ride however the guys Iā€™m with choose to honestly donā€™t care, I just like to ride with my buddies
I wish you were going to make the 21 TO, I understand why. I show up the Sunday before and start riding hard Monday morning through Wednesday and coast through Saturday and enjoy everybody and still get some riding in on those days. But hell, even being in the last of May, it still could get cancelled, don't need a dam tee shirt, I'm going!

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree, what's your point? HA! I like to hook up and ride, and back at camp eat swig and get ready for the next day and not leave at 11:00 AM. 8:00 Am is more like it!
I agree with not getting a late start but there is no such thing as a short night ride .... except for the one time it was -4 at mulberry ... then it was a short night ride

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I wish you were going to make the 21 TO, I understand why. I show up the Sunday before and start riding hard Monday morning through Wednesday and coast through Saturday and enjoy everybody and still get some riding in on those days. But hell, even being in the last of May, it still could get cancelled, don't need a dam tee shirt, I'm going!
I think itā€™ll be much tougher for many to lay down lots of good miles in a group with the dust thatā€™ll be that time a year. Iā€™d still ride dust but not everyone exactly likes it. Definitely like slipping and sliding more.
Ya wish date it was sooner in the year. I was planning it, worked hard. Iā€™ve already killed off my planned vacation time, will take it and hopefully just have lots of time locally, maybe a big ass loop through many of the riding areas staying here then there. Have breakfast at one place and dinner some other. Never done that to that degree, getting some others excited for it.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I agree with not getting a late start but there is no such thing as a short night ride .... except for the one time it was -4 at mulberry ... then it was a short night ride
Matter of fact, EVERY time someone has said the words "let's just do a short night ride real quick" we end up being gone 4-5 hours and towing something back in pieces.

Oh, that trail that took us 3 hours to get through in the day time when nobody had been drinking? We can surely do it forwards and backwards in about 45 minutes at 1 am! Onward!!

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Matter of fact, EVERY time someone has said the words "let's just do a short night ride real quick" we end up being gone 4-5 hours and towing something back in pieces.

Oh, that trail that took us 3 hours to get through in the day time when nobody had been drinking? We can surely do it forwards and backwards in about 45 minutes at 1 am! Onward!!
easy pesy

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member

Let the s*** show beginšŸ¤£

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Youā€™re missing my point... Iā€™m not taking about one ride from 4 years ago.. weā€™ve ridden together what, twice in the last 5 years? Iā€™m talking about what and how we ride and do now. You havenā€™t been a part of that for a while... and I get why. Iā€™m just saying, people keep getting butt hurt about several of us from here that ride together regularly, buying and suggesting machines we can ride and not have to work on the same way we did the pioneers, all while doing the same kind of it harder riding. When I hear people talk about what theyā€™re wanting to do to a pioneer and why... and Iā€™m like whoa, been there done that. Learn form my mistake and save yourself some money and look here. PEOPLE LOSE THEIR f***ING MINDS!
Ok well what I meant was it seems like since some in that group got a different machine that all the rest have been left behind or second best. Pioneer is still a good machine not overnight pos. And us that still ride them are still the same. I understand those are a good machine but itā€™s not the only one and people have other reasons for a few others that are still good. Yes it makes it like cruise control for some and levels the playing field where people with less ability can follow but donā€™t forget the Pioneer is still capable and some of us wheelers can still get around although we have to work at it harder.
We were all pretty good friends and since some got a different machine they seem too good for the group and all thatā€™s heard is buy a krx. Itā€™s becoming like a Polaris cult to a degree. Things definitely changed within our group of friends, many wonā€™t hang out in years to come Iā€™m afraid, just sucks to see.
And you act like everyone jealous, I donā€™t think thatā€™s exactly it. Some maybe, me maybe of the ability to buy one but not machine, more so of loosing longtime friends.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ok well what I meant was it seems like since some in that group got a different machine that all the rest have been left behind or second best. Pioneer is still a good machine not overnight pos. And us that still ride them are still the same. I understand those are a good machine but itā€™s not the only one and people have other reasons for a few others that are still good. Yes it makes it like cruise control for some and levels the playing field where people with less ability can follow but donā€™t forget the Pioneer is still capable and some of us wheelers can still get around although we have to work at it harder.
We were all pretty good friends and since some got a different machine they seem too good for the group and all thatā€™s heard is buy a krx. Itā€™s becoming like a Polaris cult to a degree. Things definitely changed within our group of friends, many wonā€™t hang out in years to come Iā€™m afraid, just sucks to see.
And you act like everyone jealous, I donā€™t think thatā€™s exactly it. Some maybe, me maybe of the ability to buy one but not machine, more so of loosing longtime friends.
I have read your statement and can find no fault in your words, so kiss my butt and have fun!!!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!