JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Never really knew what happened to @TripleB machine. We had one in our group that either sucked a valve or broke the piston. Brad's just locked up. Probably broke the piston maybe.
I don't think Brad's locked up......it was running fine then all of a sudden it started smelling really weird and then just died mid trail. Was hot as phuck, but it would crank over just no compression. Sounded funky, unless something broke and the starter was just free spinning??? We didn't diagnose it much it was late in middle of mountain.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Never really knew what happened to @TripleB machine. We had one in our group that either sucked a valve or broke the piston. Brad's just locked up. Probably broke the piston maybe.

I don't think Brad's locked up......it was running fine then all of a sudden it started smelling really weird and then just died mid trail. Was hot as phuck, but it would crank over just no compression. Sounded funky, unless something broke and the starter was just free spinning??? We didn't diagnose it much it was late in middle of mountain.
f***ing JUNK! That's what happened.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
He's got more stories than Dr Suess! Probably got drunk and didn't put oil in it lol

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I had a couple of their atvs. Didn't last as long as the popos we had truthfully. And that was mid 90s Era.
Ya it’s not like you see old quads floating around like you do Hondas, dirt bikes were never even close either. It’s always Honda for long term dependability followed pretty loosely by Yamaha then everything else is way down the list. Honda has built a whole lot of small engines over the years and knows how to do it. Look at gennys lawnmowers anything actually, love it or hate it, it’s really hard to beat red for dependability.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ya it’s not like you see old quads floating around like you do Hondas, dirt bikes were never even close either. It’s always Honda for long term dependability followed pretty loosely by Yamaha then everything else is way down the list. Honda has built a whole lot of small engines over the years and knows how to do it. Look at gennys lawnmowers anything actually, love it or hate it, it’s really hard to beat red for dependability.
Yeah thats been my experience/ observations.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
From what I understand Honda doesn't build there small engines any more? But yes Honda makes great products.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
From what I understand Honda doesn't build there small engines any more? But yes Honda makes great products.
Probably wouldn’t matter if that’s true, we’ve had a couple of the little 50cc china bikes with exact copy of the Honda XR engine and they were even dependable as s*** lol.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Honda does still build them but most are made at Honda plants in China, thats why you see so many copycat engines//bikes these days. Them phuckers copy(steal) everything

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Cheers Smellers! Playing around with new genny. It ain’t no Honda s***box but I’m not getting rid of the eu2000 so doesn’t matter. This’ll be nice on occasion and ease up in the ol Honda which is beat to death like everything I own and still going strong 9 years later.
Got this brand new 4500 Westinghouse as trade for 4hrs worth of paint body so wtf. It is quiet and remote start will be nice!

503EA18D 3F1B 48A3 9190 1AE1FC92F63C

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Cheers Smellers! Playing around with new genny. It ain’t no Honda s***box but I’m not getting rid of the eu2000 so doesn’t matter. This’ll be nice on occasion and ease up in the ol Honda which is beat to death like everything I own and still going strong 9 years later.
Got this brand new 4500 Westinghouse as trade for 4hrs worth of paint body so wtf. It is quiet and remote start will be nice!

View attachment 363567
My buddy has two or three of those that have been through hell. I don’t think he ever turned them off for two weeks when Hurricane Ida wrecked everything around here. Not as quiet as the Honda but they won’t let you down!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!