H.F.A.W.H.A. meeting

J

JTW

Thats my point. I paid $52,000 for a 17 ram. Thats rated to tow 18,000. Navigation, heated seats wheel on and on delete it for $2500, lift and big tires you have alot more for a little bit more money so i cant see 55,000. Is my point. That truck is beautiful but come on. 30 grand sounds more resonable maybe 35

I'd rather build something the way I want it then deal with factory stuff sometimes. There's something to be said about lack of technology! Everyone loves it till there's a problem and your rig is at the dealer while they try to figure it out for weeks. Sometimes (like lately) I'd rather a rig that just always will run
Ok... wait, wait, wait..... will the 12 valve run on gasoline??

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tisk...tisk...i think i only saw 45 there until you went downhill a bit. I'm not sure that counts!

Looks to be in good shape (the speedo actually works, which is rare). Post up some pics.

These were the machines of choice around home BITD. Not too many Honda's until later.
Actually not mine but they are on there. One shows 63

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ok... wait, wait, wait..... will the 12 valve run on gasoline??
They say 15% is safe. I did that once too with about 10 gallons before I noticed and drained half tank filled back up and was good. Stove oil,kerosene,vegetable oil and even some used motor oil added will work though

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Eat s***! But a Volkswagen diesel will run on 90% gas
That's not a diesel!

IMG 1162

advertisement
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They say 15% is safe. I did that once too with about 10 gallons before I noticed and drained half tank filled back up and was good. Stove oil,kerosene,vegetable oil and even some used motor oil added will work though

Don’t forget atf also, I heard of guys mixing up to 60% used atf into their diesel fuel and running it through their 12valves, some swear it acts like a tune up to their injection system with all the detergents

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m sick of hearing about the 12v Cummins and how amazing it is. We have several dmax company trucks upwards of 500k some upward of 700 and still working hard and being a company truck trust me it gets no love. Have a friend in Dallas driving a (dreaded) 6.0 Ford that’s runs on nothing but straight used motor oil. 250k on the odometer and will run 12.50’s on the 35’s at the track all day. Say what you want about the new trucks, but I believe they will run equally as good as those old ones. Granted there are MANY more On the road and they are pushed harder on average so you hear about tons of failures with social media being the way it is, but time will tell if they hold up. I’m 110k on my 2016 duramax and it’s running like a top and will drag your 12v up and down the road (maybe not but it’s fun to say!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement