ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Enjoy life the best you can and be there for others especially ones you think you should be, sometimes life goes too quickly and too soon for some.
A fellow rider that was a friend of the family just ended things for himself. Not someone I've posted much about but still a close family friend.
Good guy.
Life can be a b**** at times for even the best of us, please remember the good times make sure others do to! It's not a f***ing video game there are no do overs so tell everyone how you feel make sure they know what they mean.
And no I don't want to talk about it at all publicly just want to remind us all it happens and happens fast

That sucks dude, known a friend to try and one finish. Life is tough, it gets to the best of us sometimes.

J

JTW

Sorry CP... it’s always hard on everyone else. It’s the most selfish thing a person can do.. and frankly I don’t have much patience or sympathy for the person doing it. It really just kinda pisses me off... I’ve had a wife’s relative and several good friends all go out that way and it’s just f***ing stupid! If you give it enough time things will get bettter, or the issues will pass. If you can’t deal, then man (or lady) the f*** up and make a change.. if it’s that damn bad, make a huge change! We all have s***ty times in our lives... that’s life! But if you believe in God and you still choose that path to end it... I feel for those around them.

On a different note... I’ve really been thinking about being a school counselor.. thoughts?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Unfortunately I am very well aware of the God angle and the selfishness. I don't think someone is in their right mind by this point. I believe there is sometimes something we can do and this was a tragedy it wasn't some pos kid. Just bulls*** is all.
just trying to make a little peace with it and maybe it'll save someone else in the process.
I know it's a downer for that I'm sorry but important for me to say something.

On that different note JTW I think you're a hell of a good guy whether you admit to it or not. As long as you kept out about 20% of your comments (lol) I think you'd be more help then hurt. You'd be refreshing and kids just might be more open to talk

Last edited:
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Many years ago another buddy and i were heading to blockbuster to rent a game and/or movie (that should tell you how many years ago this was). This was rural NC, so it was a 10 mile drive into town. A 3rd buddy/distant relative liked to hang out and drink beer (and probably other things) at a small open area just above his house. On our way to BB, we passed this area and his old truck was sitting there, and my buddy (driving) ask if we should stop and BS with him for a bit. I casually said "nah...lets wait until we come back through".

On our way back, as we approached the area, we saw sheriff's cars and an ambulance sitting on the shoulder. He had hung himself from a pine tree. To be honest...he was a bit of a drama queen at times, and had threatened to kill himself on numerous occasions. No one thought he would really do it.

I have wondered ever since one innocent phrase uttered by me may have ultimately allowed him to take his own life...or maybe just BSing among friends might have convinced him to give it one more day. The pine tree died within a year, and needless to say, my other buddy and i spent most of the night in total silence just trying to make sense of it.

I have always felt like @JTW, in some respects- that this is a cowardly act that i just don't understand in most cases. OK...a 60 year old with terminal cancer who's life will be nothing but pain and suffering...i can sorta see that. But these guys...like these rock stars, with little children..., i just don't see how i could ever do that to a child. If you can't keep going for you, then do it for them.

The only thing i can figure is what @CumminsPusher said...that someone who does this simply can't be in the right frame of mind, and i should judge a man until I've walked a mile in his shoes.

CP, sorry for your loss...and his family.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
With deer season starting in 2 weeks here thought id post this... used to watch the guys in my teen years had every vhs they made.

I loved those guys too! Use to see them a lot as they only lived 20 minutes away.

I love the duck hunting.

“Ought to be a good day today, nice and overcast”.

“Root done got me”

Lol

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for bringing that up. Good stuff.

don’t forget about “skint back”.

And “WW”
Every year in high school shop classbefore deer season we had a wild game fry and watched T.K. and Mike videos. Thumbing through youtube today and stumbled across a vid. Brings back good memories.

advertisement
J

JTW

[QUOTE="CumminsPusher, post: 232933, member: 2969]

On that different note JTW I think you're a hell of a good guy whether you admit to it or not. As long as you kept out about 20% of your comments (lol) I think you'd be more help then hurt. You'd be refreshing and kids just might be more open to talk[/QUOTE]

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
[QUOTE="CumminsPusher, post: 232933, member: 2969]

On that different note JTW I think you're a hell of a good guy whether you admit to it or not. As long as you kept out about 20% of your comments (lol) I think you'd be more help then hurt. You'd be refreshing and kids just might be more open to talk

[/QUOTE]

Well s*** then there's that...hate to publicly vote for a good guy then he turns out to be Hitler.

J

JTW

Well s*** then there's that...hate to publicly vote for a good guy then he turns out to be Hitler.[/QUOTE]
D2FFB24C 988F 4C95 97D6 49C624166597 EF967057 43F0 4DA9 8565 FCA1EE2052DA 31BE41CD 6027 4E9D 89E0 AD0C56FB4DED

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Enjoy life the best you can and be there for others especially ones you think you should be, sometimes life goes too quickly and too soon for some.
A fellow rider that was a friend of the family just ended things for himself. Not someone I've posted much about but still a close family friend.
Good guy.
Life can be a b**** at times for even the best of us, please remember the good times make sure others do to! It's not a f***ing video game there are no do overs so tell everyone how you feel make sure they know what they mean.
And no I don't want to talk about it at all publicly just want to remind us all it happens and happens fast
Sorry to hear brother.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry CP... it’s always hard on everyone else. It’s the most selfish thing a person can do.. and frankly I don’t have much patience or sympathy for the person doing it. It really just kinda pisses me off... I’ve had a wife’s relative and several good friends all go out that way and it’s just f***ing stupid! If you give it enough time things will get bettter, or the issues will pass. If you can’t deal, then man (or lady) the f*** up and make a change.. if it’s that damn bad, make a huge change! We all have s***ty times in our lives... that’s life! But if you believe in God and you still choose that path to end it... I feel for those around them.

On a different note... I’ve really been thinking about being a school counselor.. thoughts?
Well said. My wife’s cousin lost her husband that way. She looked at me sideways when I told her I thought he was a chickens***

advertisement