Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I was in downtown Louisville today (always a treat:confused:) and checked out the new Wolverine X2 a little more in depth than the 5 minute check i did a few weeks back. The bed seemed bigger today, for whatever reason. Really not much smaller than a midsize Ranger, so i guess i'm OK with that.
The cab was nice in the SE model i looked at, esp the seats. The view in front of the machine is awesome. What is definitely a step backwards though, is the room. I remember being impressed with the old models' almost expansive seating position and legroom. Not at all on the new one. If you shop at the big and tall store (@100Acre !!!), you'll be wanting the old model.
Admittedly, I'm NOT a small guy, but i still had to do gymnastics to keep from getting friendly with the side bolster. I currently squeeze myself in a 500, so this is not a dealbreaker, but i really wish they had just given the old model the dumping bed and new engine.

Salesman had me start it, talking about how quiet it was, so i did. It really wasn't anything remarkable just sitting there revving the engine. Not loud...but not as silent as i expected, i guess. Certainly an improvement on a Rhino or Viking. They had gotten 3 in so far, and all were sold before they hit the showroom floor, so they seem to be moving.

The other thing i looked at was the new (last year, i believe) Ranger 1000. Man...i wish they built better stuff because that thing is nice. Very nice. And big. The belt system looks to be frickin' HUGE on the thing ( i think it uses the same belt as the turbo RZR's ).
And for all those who insist on riding around with full windshields and cabs on 90-100 degree days, they also had a Northstar sitting there ready to go. Roll up windows! Like i said...they make nice stuff....if only it'd stay that way.
Problem with x2 for interior space is the same thing for the Pioneers, shared platform amongst 1 and 2 row machines. The old Wolverine is only a two seater.
For long rides I really like it, the seating position is incredible it is so damn cozy. I’m pretty tall (nothing like @100Acre though lol) and I have the seat position set in the middle.

Last edited:
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Problem with x2 for interior space is the same thing for the Pioneers, shared platform amongst 1 and 2 row machines. The old Wolverine is only a two seater.
For long rides I really like it, the seating position is incredible it is so damn cozy. I’m pretty tall (nothing like @100Acre though lol) and I have the seat position set in the middle.
Yeah...exactly. 1st time i sat in the X4 i thought it was cramped up front (and in back, for that matter). When i saw the X2 it obviously shared the platform, and was afraid this would happen.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
8FD370D2 A282 4DAC A6DA 9CCF3D491AED

advertisement
J

JTW

Oh hell tree or did front tire slide out from under you ?

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
Fresh cut grass and little spurt of feeling froggy. Gassed on it in the straight way after going around my dirt pile and that f***ing handle bar guard dug into the ground catapulting me and the bike forward. I happened to see the bike coming towards me out of the corner of my eye and avoided it landing on me. Of course I was just goofing around in the yard and didn't have boots, gloves or a helmet. By far my worst crash yet! This one hurt and rung my bell a bit... apparently I landed on my chin.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Fresh cut grass and little spurt of feeling froggy. Gassed on it in the straight way after going around my dirt pile and that f***ing handle bar guard dug into the ground catapulting me and the bike forward. I happened to see the bike coming towards me out of the corner of my eye and avoided it landing on me. Of course I was just goofing around in the yard and didn't have boots, gloves or a helmet. By far my worst crash yet! This one hurt and rung my bell a bit... apparently I landed on my chin.

When I hit the like button I wasn’t laughing at y.......oh heck, yeah I was. Thanks for sharing

advertisement