Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It’s Friday but what a day! All our plans changed and stuck in the city. Might be a couple tonight!
Regardless of the bs Cheers
2BD88BB4 439B 4081 AA4D 18E42991B19C

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just to keep the pot stirred @Cuoutdoors

I will agree that ford knows how to make a truck. Even their heaviest of trucks they know what to use to power itView attachment 87389View attachment 87390View attachment 87391
They used the right 6.7l
View attachment 87392

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I honestly dont have a strong preference. Cummins is certainly a good motor. Every auto manufacturer has their fair share of vehicles that have been fantastic and some that were lemons that never should have left the factory. But dodge/Cummins guys are like the Levar Ball of the truck world. They just can't even have a rational conversation.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I honestly dont have a strong preference. Cummins is certainly a good motor. Every auto manufacturer has their fair share of vehicles that have been fantastic and some that were lemons that never should have left the factory. But dodge/Cummins guys are like the Levar Ball of the truck world. They just can't even have a rational conversation.

I’ve worked on them all for a living, they all have their flaws, I completely agree. Just giving you a hard time. But I’ll keep driving my Cummins.

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5

But you got to admit seems fishy for ford to place a inline 6 with less horse power than their latest and greatest p.s. in their work horse of a truck that’s rated for 32k gvw. They must not trust their v8s to be able to get the job done when it comes to a work truck?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I’ve worked on them all for a living, they all have their flaws, I completely agree. Just giving you a hard time. But I’ll keep driving my Cummins.

I don’t mind my Nissan diesel either its somewhat close to a Cummins, it’s at least inline. Got a total of 20 inline diesel cylinders in my driveway, 1.5 million untouched miles and counting...

Reactions: BWAF and popeye
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don’t mind my Nissan diesel either is somewhat close to a Cummins, it’s at least inline. Got a total of 20 inline diesel cylinders in my driveway, 1.5 million untouched miles and counting...

Old Japanese diesels is like playing dirty, those things run for ever. Had a friend a few years back with a 2wd late 80s Toyota diesel sitting on over 500k. It had been in the family for ever and just kept going, as long as you were not in a hury

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don’t mind my Nissan diesel either its somewhat close to a Cummins, it’s at least inline. Got a total of 20 inline diesel cylinders in my driveway, 1.5 million untouched miles and counting...

Wish we could get new Nissan, or Toyota diesels here like the rest of the world does. Too many oil companies padding the wallets of d.c. for that to happen though

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Wish we could get new Nissan, or Toyota diesels here like the rest of the world does. Too many oil companies padding the wallets of d.c. for that to happen though

I’ve got my eyes open for another deal like the Nissan was. I’d so put this in a truck and bump it just a little. I’m positive it would be knocking on the door of 30 mpg. Being all mechanical it would be as easy as the 8v 12v for swap.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!