Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
But you got to admit seems fishy for ford to place a inline 6 with less horse power than their latest and greatest p.s. in their work horse of a truck that’s rated for 32k gvw. They must not trust their v8s to be able to get the job done when it comes to a work truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I weighed in at 27k and it pulled it (more like drug it) without hesitation. I dont think another 5k was gonna change it that much. That's in a 250 with much lighter tranny than what you're looking at. Maybe they just put the Cummins in because its cheaper or they can't make the power strokes fast enough to keep up with supply and demand or maybe a million other possible reasons. Hell if I know. But no I dont find it fishy. It's just another Cummins guy that only sees things one way.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Old Japanese diesels is like playing dirty, those things run for ever. Had a friend a few years back with a 2wd late 80s Toyota diesel sitting on over 500k. It had been in the family for ever and just kept going, as long as you were not in a hury

My friend had a Nissan diesel from Arizona. It was like an 86' and spotless. It had like 400k on it. But like you said, it goes no where in a hurry. Takes all day just to get up to speed.

Reactions: BWAF and sharp
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I weighed in at 27k and it pulled it (more like drug it) without hesitation. I dont think another 5k was gonna change it that much. That's in a 250 with much lighter tranny than what you're looking at. Maybe they just put the Cummins in because its cheaper or they can't make the power strokes fast enough to keep up with supply and demand or maybe a million other possible reasons. Hell if I know. But no I dont find it fishy. It's just another Cummins guy that only sees things one way.

My toyhauler loaded on the way to Bristol (only time I weighed it) was 33,xxx lbs. my duramax towed it all over this part of the US with no issues. My 03 Cummins soured me on dodge trucks. I put 6 transmissions in it with only 60k miles on it. It was all warranty. I was changing transmissions more than oil. The guys at Dallas dodge knew me by name and couple rebuild and swap that transmission in a single day. Couldn’t trust that truck to go anywhere. I never towed anything heavy with it either. I owned a 5500lb ski boat. That’s it.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Import a JDM truck!
This is an ex Japan Fire Truck.
IMG 20180921 215657

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

That’s a cute load you speak of @Cuoutdoors. Try doubling that in a 25yo 5.9 liter.
8A0834E0 3C4D 4A35 B1C2 6381BF4CC801

With school busses they run Cat or Cummins in anything other then short busses. In a 40ft Cummins they suggest head gasket at 300k. PowerStroke and Duramax are lucky to make 150k in the van styles without major work. Inline 6. It’s what moves the world. No disrespect but anyone that thinks a v engine will hold up to inline has lost a marble. Don’t mean to argue but there is a such thing as common sense.

Last edited:
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Probably is cheaper, the ford 6.7 is so over engineered and non serviceable. Look under the hood, it’s all plastic. Just curious have you priced out a f750? Couldn’t have anything to do with a duty cycle as to why they run a inline 6 in their heavy duty work trucks, could it?

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That’s a cute load you speak of @Cuoutdoors. Try doubling that in a 25yo 5.9 liter.
View attachment 87691
With school busses the run Cat or Cummins in anything other then short busses. In a 40ft Cummins they suggest head gasket at 300k. PowerStroke and Duramax are lucky to make 150k without major work. Inline 6. It’s what moves the world. No disrespect but anyone that thinks a v engine will hold up to inline has lost a marble. Don’t mean to argue but there is a such thing as common sense.

You guys f***ing kill me. No rational thought happening. That bus doesn't weigh 60k but it doesn't matter. You're comparing apples to oranges. My neighbor has a ford 6.0 diesel, ya know...the worst diesel ford ever made.... with over 400k and zero work done. We can both go on and on with examples. Let me say this again. There are a lot of GREAT vehicles from all manufactures and also plenty of extremely s***ty ones from ALL manufacturers. I have friend that will never buy another cummins due to their experience and the same with ford and Chevy. Cummins guys just insist on having this pointless f***ing conversation over and over and over again. Maybe they struggle with what they think is common sense is really just billigerance. Time to move on.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You guys f***ing kill me. No rational thought happening. That bus doesn't weigh 60k but it doesn't matter. You're comparing apples to oranges. My neighbor has a ford 6.0 diesel, ya know...the worst diesel ford ever made.... with over 400k and zero work done. We can both go on and on with examples. Let me say this again. There are a lot of GREAT vehicles from all manufactures and also plenty of extremely s***ty ones from ALL manufacturers. I have friend that will never buy another cummins due to their experience and the same with ford and Chevy. Cummins guys just insist on having this pointless f***ing conversation over and over and over again. Maybe they struggle with what they think is common sense is really just billigerance. Time to move on.

Didn’t say it did. It weighs in at 39 loaded. Has 7 dirt bikes, a quad,100 gal fuel 130 gal water and is sitting on a 7000 pound trailer. We were over 53k on scales when we had bearing failure in the trailer 150 miles into our trip because the equipment trailer was overloaded.
Inline 6. I don’t understand wtf people argue about. Semis don’t run anything but that. An inline 6 is the most balanced engine out there plus 1/3 less moving parts. A v8 is always fighting itself. No going to argue ignorance. I just can’t. Not saying Dodge is better I’m saying the engine is.

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
CheersView attachment 87697

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
Things don’t always work out like you think but you need to make the best of it. That lesson hit us again today. We sure miss our friends and wanted to meet others, so a little bummer here. Hope you’re night is good.
Cheers my friend, someday we will ride together.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Things don’t always work out like you think but you need to make the best of it. That lesson hit us again today. We sure miss our friends and wanted to meet others, so a little bummer here. Hope you’re night is good.
Where are you guys?

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I hope we do ! Some day I'll get that shifter done. lol! It always gets better hang in the some day the stars will a line

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Reactions: CumminsPusher

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!