Happy my heater has arrived. W/PICTURES

S

Shane

Jan 1, 2014
If anyone has any tips . Gratefull for them hope to start on tomorrow afternoon .

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Re: Happy my heater has arrived.

Shane said:
If anyone has any tips . Gratefull for them hope to start on tomorrow afternoon .
Thats good news. If you looking for tips from the OEM Honda Heater install... Well, I do think you may be the first owner to actually touch the OEM heater.
If you can, take us some pictures. We would love to see.

S

Shane

Jan 1, 2014

I will take pictures and post tomorrow. Looking forward to this project!

I just heard they don't give the switch plate...my Honda dealer assured me that there was not any other parts listed with this part. We will soon see. I will keep you all posted.

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4

Dealer called me today and said Heater is here, So I drove 50 miles to pick it up. Got home opened it up and well you guess it. Missing the on/off switch-Missing both the T-tubes Missing all the hose clamps Plus Missing the wiring. I'm SO P!$$ed Off!!! Dealer was closed before I found all this out, But they will here about it Monday and I'm calling Honda!!

S

Shane

Jan 1, 2014

Started on my my Heater today . I opened both boxes .i have all the right parts . The heater switch is in the baggy with both tees and hose clamps. Mine also came with switch plate and volt meter room for 4 rocker togs . Install looks ez I got a good start on it today. U will need the Honda instructions

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4

Just talked w/the dealer. he was told that the Heaters are on Back Order AGAIN, But just as soon as he get's it he will call me. I know this isn't his fault. But this is JUST PURE BS!!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R

TandT said:
Just talked w/the dealer. he was told that the Heaters are on Back Order AGAIN, But just as soon as he get's it he will call me. I know this isn't his fault. But this is JUST PURE BS!!
Sorry to here that TandT. I do hope it arrives for you soon or ya.

S

Shane

Jan 1, 2014
Pictures of my HEATER!!

We have been in a snow storm so getting the heater in is going slower than I figured. Here are a few pictures of the heater. Should be completely installed soon. So far it looks good. Plan on allowing yourself plenty of time to install. Looked very easy but not really. Watch your templates you need to go a little further outside or you will hit linkage with your hose. I went one inch farther out on the outside of each of the upper templates.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    586.5 KB · Views: 918
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    674.7 KB · Views: 909
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    732.4 KB · Views: 911
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Re: Happy my heater has arrived. PICTURES

Finally. The infamous heater has been spotted in the wild...
Thanks for posting.

* hope you don't mind, I combined your post with this one cause it was already open.

S

Shane

Jan 1, 2014
I will get some pictures tomorrow of the vents that I've installed. They do look good on the machine.

advertisement
TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
Dealer called me today and said my heater is on its way and he should have it tomorrow. Told him to open it and make sure it's all there before I drive back down, But we are getting hammered with snow 1 inch per hour. We are at 3 to 4 inches already, So guess I won't begetting my heater tomorrow. At least I know it's shipped. That's Good.

T

Tritonman

Dec 2, 2013
A lot of people are complaining about there heater not putting out much heat. Let us know how it is working

S

Shane

Jan 1, 2014
Here it is partially installed! High of 9 today and lots of snow so cows were my priority today. Not getting it finished today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    832.6 KB · Views: 506
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    798.9 KB · Views: 511
B

binfordw

Oct 15, 2013
Tritonman said:
A lot of people are complaining about there heater not putting out much heat. Let us know how it is working

I could see that. 2 vents and a 200cfm ish fan- facing all the gaps and airleaks in the cab, would not be much more than a hand warmer. I used 4 vents, and a 410cfm fan, and without alot of work sealing airleaks, it struggled to keep any heat in the cab at all when it was really cold and windy.

Also I just noticed from the instructions posted- that the Honda kit uses the upper radiator hose, off the thermostat. Wonder if thats some of the issue people are seeing.

S

Shane

Jan 1, 2014
Upper rad hose is kinda hidden in front of ur own eyes. It does track to the therm housing . It run on toward front to rad. It would be easy to tie into the wrong hose. I not done with my switch plate yet . Got a good start on it today . It's not easy. I do have 4 vents installed . Sorry pics didn't show. I think upper vents should be out little further than template shows. So it don't interfere with linkage. Rest of it spot on.

D

daberry

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 4, 2013
Kansas
I installed mine yesterday. It blows nice warm air. No complaints.

D

daberry

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 4, 2013
Kansas
Gave the heater a better test today. 15 degrees F, Had plenty of heat even my wife was happy with it. It does take a few minutes to warm up but that is a function of the engine heating up. I was even driving it without any gloves on which seems pretty good to me.

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just picked up my 2nd heater tonight. HEY! all the parts is in the box. HEY! Guess you know what I'll be doing tomorrow.

S

Shane

Jan 1, 2014
Tritonman said:
It don't warm up unless I leave it idling. For a long time.

S

Shane

Jan 1, 2014
Good luck it took many hrs. The reward is not good. It doesn't warm up unless I idle it for long time . Then it cools down If I take off on road. I guess have to block off the rad.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!