Happy my heater has arrived. W/PICTURES

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Hondaholic4 said:
I bought my heater when i got my pioneer 12-26-13 and got it a few weeks ago. It never worked right even though it was installed by my Honda dealer, they have it now for the third time and have had the district manager look at it. They replaced the "T" with a "Y" for better coolant flow and added a filler/bleeder at the highest point (top hose of heater) to get all of the air out and THEY are not satisfied with it's performance. I was told it is an engineering issue that has to be worked out by HONDA. I know this dosent help us fix the problem but I wanted to pass along what i've been told by my Honda dealer to the ones that have been doing their own work.

One big problem is the thermostat being only 180 degree's up here in the North a 180 thermostat in a car or truck is not enough we need to run 195 degree one's in order for the heater to work properly.We also have to install winter fronts in front of the Rad to try and keep as much heat as possible in the Rad etc: I believe that the only way Honda is going to fix this is by installing a different thermostat as well as close off all the air leaks.

I can honestly say my heater works not to bad. Its a different brand then the Honda one but still says 28000 BTU { kept it when I sold my other machine] .I've got mine installed inside the cab and my hose's aren't higher then the Rad cap. I was disappointed with mine at first but after spending a good deal of times closing off all the cold air leaks mine now heats up the cab to the point that I'am actually comfortable. I still have one bad cold air infiltration around the e-brake lever to try and fix.There's many places cold air blows in and each place adds up to reducing the heater's ability to warm up the cab.

S

Shane

Jan 1, 2014
I figured a y pipe would help because mine only blows cool air at idle. Lack of flow I figure y pipe mite help water pump is taking path least resistance . Mine blows hot air if moving , I think I have all the air out. With my other idea. It's nice to know now that 550$$ later Honda is not happy with their design.

P

Put79

Oct 26, 2013
I've only been able to run my Pioneer once. I'd say about 30 mins and 6 miles. My heater was nothing more than an air conditioner. How long do these things take to warm up for a fair judgement. It was around -5 and the rig is garage-kept. It was also dealer installed.

S

Shane

Jan 1, 2014
Mine slow to warm up. I have to push mine on a drive to get it blowing warm up. My rad is cardboard blocked . Go back through all the pages on this post. Everything we have tried is there good luck.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
accessories-and-modifications-f48/assembling-the-heater-t581-60.html?hilit=heater
this link is for you guys that art being driven out of the cab from your large heaters.
mine is a 14000 but and I have to turn it down all of the time or strip down to a t-shirt when it 20 deg. out.
hooking to the radiator hoses will never give you much heat you only get hot water when the t stat is open and its still easer to flow though the radiator than the heater. why would the water make a 90deg turn and go though a smaller pipe and smaller radiator if it can just go the normal path.
luckily honda has made this the best utv to hook a heater to on the market and doesn't even know it.
read this post. you can start at page 5 if you want it will show you how to do it. pm the guys that have tried it see what they say.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!