GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Try the Nicoderm patches,they work great I quit chewing two years ago using them.The first week is the hardest but the patches take enough of the edge off to make it doable.
Quitting tobacco was the best thing I have done but even after two years I still crave it sometimes.
I tried those things... They taste like sh@#

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@drfubar... and all. This will ring in the New Year here in AK. Disregard the lemons. I needed them to hold the bottle from rolling over.

0f287e268094786d0df750bfdd90aaff

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So what I've seen this day is the music is fake "Maria carey" snoop dog unbelievable how fake all the crap on TV was. Polls are fake. Is it even 2017? What a crock! Fake news ect. Something tells me the only real thing is the family in front of you and this forum. Hell my bank account might not be real. Only tracking is on the computer... can't wait for the ride in Tennessee. Get back to the real high life!

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So what I've seen this day is the music is fake "Maria carey" snoop dog unbelievable how fake all the crap on TV was. Polls are fake. Is it even 2017? What a crock! Fake news ect. Something tells me the only real thing is the family in front of you and this forum. Hell my bank account might not be real. Only tracking is on the computer... can't wait for the ride in Tennessee. Get back to the real high life!
We ended up watching Texas flip and move until the ball dropped. Such terrible music this year. I hope my bank account isn't real, if so it's depressing! Lol. Happy 2017 everybody!

advertisement
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Alabama defense is real. Lol. Roll tide!

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I'm hoping to make it to Tennessee 3 times this year one is in the books, also trying to convince the wife we should upgrade to a diesel , not going well so far. I wonder if you really get 15+ pulling an rv.?

I had a diesel to pull my 31 ft, 8800 lb (ready to camp) travel trailer. I loved it but I never got 15 mpg towing it. I was between 11 and 13 mpg with most of the time being spent in the low 12 mpg range. This is mostly highway driving at 60-62 mph. Truck was a 2012 Ford F-250 with a 3:55 gear ratio and the 6.7 diesel. (4x4). Owning the diesel was more expensive than gas for me because I didn't have it long enough to have it pay for itself.
But, I wasn't expecting it to cost less. For me, the peace of mind of having enough power for any situation and a reliable engine/trans combo was worth the investment.
I miss that truck...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had a diesel to pull my 31 ft, 8800 lb (ready to camp) travel trailer. I loved it but I never got 15 mpg towing it. I was between 11 and 13 mpg with most of the time being spent in the low 12 mpg range. This is mostly highway driving at 60-62 mph. Truck was a 2012 Ford F-250 with a 3:55 gear ratio and the 6.7 diesel. (4x4). Owning the diesel was more expensive than gas for me because I didn't have it long enough to have it pay for itself.
But, I wasn't expecting it to cost less. For me, the peace of mind of having enough power for any situation and a reliable engine/trans combo was worth the investment.
I miss that truck...

My toyhauler is right around the 8000lb mark. And I pull consistent 9-10 mpg pulling 68mph. Through wisconsin which is pretty flat. I've got a 5.7 hemi 2500 ram. So maybe I wouldn't gain much at all.

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
My toyhauler is right around the 8000lb mark. And I pull consistent 9-10 mpg pulling 68mph. Through wisconsin which is pretty flat. I've got a 5.7 hemi 2500 ram. So maybe I wouldn't gain much at all.

I didn't gain as much as I thought. My hwy mileage not towing was around 18.5 average. If you want, I can send you my fuel log. I kept track for the 62000 miles I owned the truck. It's all in a spreadsheet. And yes, I can be a bit of a nerd.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I didn't gain as much as I thought. My hwy mileage not towing was around 18.5 average. If you want, I can send you my fuel log. I kept track for the 62000 miles I owned the truck. It's all in a spreadsheet. And yes, I can be a bit of a nerd.

Sounds like you saved me a bunch of money.

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Sounds like you saved me a bunch of money.

I haven't followed the progression of the Diesel engines by the big 3 since about 2014 so that info was my experience with ford from 2013 to 2016. I know the Ram got poorer fuel economy for a few years while they tried to remain the only one not using DEF fluid. Once they switched, I think the mileage went up a bit. What really kills the fuel economy is all the EPA stuff on the truck. People do "delete" kits that remove all of it and their mileage is considerably better. But to me, it's not worth losing the warranty. So before you rule anything out, take a look at the new fuel economy numbers. Go on www.fuelly.com and I think you can search by vehicle type. These are all vehicles owned by people who track their fill ups and mileage using the APP.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

If you don't need the newer diesel trucks you can get great mileage with 12v. Diesels with all the crap on them don't get the mileage of these anymore. Truck would be 16-18 pulling that. The bus gets over 12 highway at almost 40k pounds.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!