P1000m5 Hard Cab

H

HeavyGear

Nov 2, 2015
Can anyone give a review on the hard cab? I'm interested in hearing how easy the doors and rear hard panel come on and off. I have the glass windshield and hard roof already. Also, how does the cab handle freeway speeds including the soft rear panels? Thinking about gearing up for hunting season this fall and want to start budgeting for what I'm going to purchase.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
We trailered with soft doors as long as the cab was buttoned up it was fine.

D

dillonhart

Jun 10, 2016
shreveport, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I purchased the soft panel enclosures, have not installed them yet. i am also interested in how they trailer. I pull my setup 8 hours all interstate each october.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I purchased the soft panel enclosures, have not installed them yet. i am also interested in how they trailer. I pull my setup 8 hours all interstate each october.
With hardtop glass windshield soft doors soft mid panel we trailered. Have to make sure the door fits inside ROPS cage at top and use the supplied Velcro (seems cheap but works and you have to Velcro tight then zip window) and mid window HAS to be shut as well. our trips rarely lasted over 2.5 hours but was interstate and we went often. Best way is to have a friend check for you as your going down the highway the first time for flapping if none your ok. Hard doors no problem that I could possibly see

D

dillonhart

Jun 10, 2016
shreveport, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
With hardtop glass windshield soft doors soft mid panel we trailered. Have to make sure the door fits inside ROPS cage at top and use the supplied Velcro (seems cheap but works and you have to Velcro tight then zip window) and mid window HAS to be shut as well. our trips rarely lasted over 2.5 hours but was interstate and we went often. Best way is to have a friend check for you as your going down the highway the first time for flapping if none your ok. Hard doors no problem that I could possibly see
Thank you! Im going to have to give it a try. I really don't see any way around it. Im considering just removing the front doors around home during the summer instead of taking off the soft side windows.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thank you! Im going to have to give it a try. I really don't see any way around it. Im considering just removing the front doors around home during the summer instead of taking off the soft side windows.
I'm not impressed with how Honda designed the soft doors. The fit isn't great but I suppose for what they are it's acceptable. They did trailer reguardless of the warnings but they have to be zipped and Velcroed. The windows work fine but you do tend to let them hang when down. What bothers me is the nutserts (basically a self tapping nut used to place the nut behind the panel kind of like a Sheetrock hanger I guess) they use in half of the mounting holes. The window frame extensions are designed to basically slide up and off after you loosen the bolts. First of all there is a Allen bolt at the very top back edge of the door that has to come out and its anchored into the door with another nutsert. My issue I hate nutserts! They don't hold great and are very easy to overtighten to where they spin.But on something that needs strength to stay rigid has to be tight. So basically you kinda have one shot with them. 1/3 of them spun taking the windows off and made it a b**** just to take off. And putting back on...grrrr. I wasn't impressed at all! If you either took the doors off like you were thinking or bought another set would absolutely be your best bet. Mine ARE NOT going back on till it gets cold and I figure out another set of doors. This has been the only factory accessory that I haven't thought was top notch. When it's cold they are money and love them but on/off isn't the best

D

dillonhart

Jun 10, 2016
shreveport, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven't unboxed to soft doors yet. I am still looking at other options. So if you see anything that looks like a good option please let me know.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I haven't unboxed to soft doors yet. I am still looking at other options. So if you see anything that looks like a good option please let me know.
I'm not trying to scare you away from them I'm just being honest with our experience so far. It's been good and bad. I liked them well enough till I pulled them. Without spending the big bucks for hard doors at this point not sure there are any other options. Kolpin will make a set of cheaper hard doors. I'd hold off as long as you can before you drill

Reactions: dillonhart
vince

vince

Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2015
vidor texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
pull mine seven hours 2 or three times a year to the deer lease i put a rope rachet down both sides worked well
Deer lease

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!