BlacktopBurner

BlacktopBurner

Judge Of Others
Lifetime Member
May 21, 2024
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2024 1000-5 Deluxe, does anyone know how much height the Honda hard top adds? I’ve got 3 1/2” left above my bare back bar when pulling in my garage, the door is as high as I can get it. I have just about 80” total clearance.

Reactions: TxDoc
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Roughly that yes. Can vary a touch on tires and shock preload.
I say get it then if its too high to get in the garage let some air out of the tires

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I say get it then if its too high to get in the garage let some air out of the tires
Or have someone sit on the tailgate.

• Haha
Reactions: Remington
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2024 1000-5 Deluxe, does anyone know how much height the Honda hard top adds? I’ve got 3 1/2” left above my bare back bar when pulling in my garage, the door is as high as I can get it. I have just about 80” total clearance.
My 2018 is sitting on 28" tires. Height to top of honda roof is 80"

Reactions: BlacktopBurner
NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
With the OEM windshield and hard mid panel the roof sits about 2-1/4" above the roll cage at the middle bar You may be able to pull that down if you do not have the hard mid panel

Reactions: BlacktopBurner
JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OEM roof and stock tires and I’m right at 78.5”.
When I thought I wanted an enclosed trailer I was looking for 80” tall opening minimum, anticipating different tires.

advertisement
BlacktopBurner

BlacktopBurner

Judge Of Others
Lifetime Member
May 21, 2024
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OEM roof and stock tires and I’m right at 78.5”.
When I thought I wanted an enclosed trailer I was looking for 80” tall opening minimum, anticipating different tires.
Does that include the raised portions of the roof?

BlacktopBurner

BlacktopBurner

Judge Of Others
Lifetime Member
May 21, 2024
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just read on the Honda site the base 5 sits 1” higher than the 5 Deluxe. The base 5 has 1” more ground clearance as well. Odd….must be all those extra deluxe features I got dragging it down. 🤔

Last edited:
  • Wow
BlacktopBurner

BlacktopBurner

Judge Of Others
Lifetime Member
May 21, 2024
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No I measured at the bottom of the drip edge. Does that make a difference?
Sorry, I guess my question did sound stupid, if measured just above back bar I don’t know if anything is higher on the roof. I’m going to blame Pabst Blue Ribbon on this one.

Last edited:
messex

messex

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 1, 2024
Tryon, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Or have someone sit on the tailgate.

I have done both of the above!

So, I made the mistake of not factoring that in, when I had a shed put in to store mine. The roof definitely added some height. I had to do some creative woodwork on my door opening to get around the two raised points on the roof, to get it to work. Not ideal as it still rubs going in/out of the shed, and may look at the Tusk aluminum, but for now, it's working.

BlacktopBurner

BlacktopBurner

Judge Of Others
Lifetime Member
May 21, 2024
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve got a $250 rebate that’s on now from the purchase that’s good for Honda accessories, the roof at the moment is the only thing Honda that I’m looking at. That’s the reason I’m being so inquisitive 🧐. I’ve been told by my dealer that if it won’t fit I can return it if not scratched now.

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve got a $250 rebate that’s on now from the purchase that’s good for Honda accessories, the roof at the moment is the only thing Honda that I’m looking at. That’s the reason I’m being so inquisitive 🧐. I’ve been told by my dealer that if it won’t fit I can return it if not scratched now.
you could always do a Rops Chop

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!