P1000 Hard-coat windshield

C

coleman4868

Will the SuperATV split windshield work with the OEM roof?
Yes it will, but it’s extremely flemsy. I really regret buying mine. With the windshield fully up, I’m afraid to drive any faster than 30mph. It starts shaking and flopping and scares the crap out of me thinking it’s going to fly off.

C

coleman4868

I wonder if your gas struts are bad??

Mine shakes a little over washboard trails, but I have no issues going full speed with the windshield up.
It’s a brand new windshield, the struts are pretty stiff. It’s the windshield itself, it bows up in the middle and flops up and down. And when the windshield is open on the first notch, both bottom corners almost fold in and touch the roll cage. I can believe I wasted over $400 on it. Big regret!

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It’s a brand new windshield, the struts are pretty stiff. It’s the windshield itself, it bows up in the middle and flops up and down. And when the windshield is open on the first notch, both bottom corners almost fold in and touch the roll cage. I can believe I wasted over $400 on it. Big regret!
That doesn't seem right to me

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I've rode with mine open at near 60 mph, they do bow pretty bad but I've never had an issue. It also does rattle a bit but what doesn't when you're on the trails.... I would check to make sure all the hardware is tight, some have a tendency to loosen up a bit. Good luck

C

coleman4868

I've rode with mine open at near 60 mph, they do bow pretty bad but I've never had an issue. It also does rattle a bit but what doesn't when you're on the trails.... I would check to make sure all the hardware is tight, some have a tendency to loosen up a bit. Good luck
Everything is tight. My Honda windshield didn’t rattle or bow up. My last pioneer had a hard coat with the pbr extension, I loved that windshield. Never rattled or bowed. The pioneer I have now had a Honda windshield too, but it wasn’t hard coat, which is why I bought a new one. I regret not sticking with Honda.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Everything is tight. My Honda windshield didn’t rattle or bow up. My last pioneer had a hard coat with the pbr extension, I loved that windshield. Never rattled or bowed. The pioneer I have now had a Honda windshield too, but it wasn’t hard coat, which is why I bought a new one. I regret not sticking with Honda.
The Honda Windshield has a brace/bracket on either side so it's going to be a little more sturdy as far as flexing. But, if you really don't like the SATV flip up........I'll give ya $100 for that junk! 😉😂

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
The flip windshield is actually our #1 selling windshield...and one of the top selling parts all around that we make. No joke. Its been awesome. I'm not sure about the flopping you're talking about @coleman4868 because I've never experienced anything like that....but I would definitely like to see a video if you can do that and PM me. Something doesn't sound right there. I really never get any kind of complaints on that one.

C

coleman4868

The flip windshield is actually our #1 selling windshield...and one of the top selling parts all around that we make. No joke. Its been awesome. I'm not sure about the flopping you're talking about @coleman4868 because I've never experienced anything like that....but I would definitely like to see a video if you can do that and PM me. Something doesn't sound right there. I really never get any kind of complaints on that one.
People are probably afraid of looking like a fool if they complain. I know I was hesitant about it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!