P1000 Hard-coat windshield

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
People are probably afraid of looking like a fool if they complain. I know I was hesitant about it.
Outside of that...I do really want to help. I'm betting its something small. I rarely hear anything negative on these. and we take this stuff pretty seriously internally. I joke a lot on here...a whole lot...but I also help when its needed. You can always call the tech line at 855-743-3427...I'd use the warranty option if you did call in. My buddies on the warranty phone are the OG's and know all the little tips and tricks.

C

coleman4868

Outside of that...I do really want to help. I'm betting its something small. I rarely hear anything negative on these. and we take this stuff pretty seriously internally. I joke a lot on here...a whole lot...but I also help when its needed. You can always call the tech line at 855-743-3427...I'd use the warranty option if you did call in. My buddies on the warranty phone are the OG's and know all the little tips and tricks.
The problem doesn’t seem to be in the hardware, except where the top of the strut fastens to the bracket, it seems loose. The windshield itself bows in the middle upward when flipped all the way up. And bows the same way when opened to the first notch, making the corners bend in almost touching the cage. And when opened all the way, at around 35mph and above, the whole windshield flops from the slack where the top of the strut connects to the bracket/frame. It scares me making me think it’s going to fly off.

Reactions: Lady01
SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
The problem doesn’t seem to be in the hardware, except where the top of the strut fastens to the bracket, it seems loose. The windshield itself bows in the middle upward when flipped all the way up. And bows the same way when opened to the first notch, making the corners bend in almost touching the cage. And when opened all the way, at around 35mph and above, the whole windshield flops from the slack where the top of the strut connects to the bracket/frame. It scares me making me think it’s going to fly off.
I'm betting you're missing the little bushing/spacer thingys at the end of the strut. I walked out and grabbed one in the shop just now...and I could shake the hell out of it while it was open...and it shook the machine just as much as the windshield. Its supposed to be tight tight when its fully open. Feel free to shoot us a phone call. I'm betting we can get you fixed up if that's what you're missing.

C

coleman4868

I'm betting you're missing the little bushing/spacer thingys at the end of the strut. I walked out and grabbed one in the shop just now...and I could shake the hell out of it while it was open...and it shook the machine just as much as the windshield. Its supposed to be tight tight when its fully open. Feel free to shoot us a phone call. I'm betting we can get you fixed up if that's what you're missing.
I’ll give you a call Tuesday morning.

The Hunter

The Hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I change it every week or so, so it stays here in the forums for you guys. You just shoot me a message whenever you need anything, and I'll let you know whatever the code is that week. ;)
Hey @SuperATV , I’m thinking about trying your fold down windshield for my P1K5. Are you running a discount code this week. And is anybody running the fold down version. I ride in the woods a lot and it seems it would work best for mine. I have a solid glass Koplin I run in cold weather but when the weather warms up I take it off. Thanks SuperATV

C

coleman4868

Hey @SuperATV , I’m thinking about trying your fold down windshield for my P1K5. Are you running a discount code this week. And is anybody running the fold down version. I ride in the woods a lot and it seems it would work best for mine. I have a solid glass Koplin I run in cold weather but when the weather warms up I take it off. Thanks SuperATV
This super atv windshield only has 3 rides on it.

E7B9A349 09D1 4233 9E31 9B7DDABB0BFF D0E9EDFA 7F3E 481D 96D3 A9B0B38DC471

The Hunter

The Hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This super atv windshield only has 3 rides on it.

View attachment 339841 View attachment 339842
@coleman4868 i read you’ve been having trouble with your window. I don’t have any experience with them since I’ve always had the glass mine is a Koplin brand. I removed it back earlier when the weather started warming up, but with the weather swings here lately got me wanting to try the fold down version superatv has. Did you ever get satisfaction with yours?

Reactions: Backwoods
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have a fold down now. So far I really like it. I had the flip up on my 700 before I traded it and really liked it as well. I like Super ATV products. You can't go wrong with either one.

Reactions: SuperATV
The Hunter

The Hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a fold down now. So far I really like it. I had the flip up on my 700 before I traded it and really liked it as well. I like Super ATV products. You can't go wrong with either one.
Thanks @Backwoods, that’s the kind of information I was looking for. Now if @SuperATV will get in here and give a discount code I’ll get one ordered lol. Thanks again.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Colemans issue is the first I've seen from SuperATV windshield

The Hunter

The Hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Colemans issue is the first I've seen from SuperATV windshield
Well I got signed up with @SuperATV and received 10% off my first purchase for signing up and I ordered the fold down version and already received notice it will be delivered tomorrow. Hopefully I’ll have time to mount it and try it out this weekend and post some pictures.

C

coleman4868

@coleman4868 i read you’ve been having trouble with your window. I don’t have any experience with them since I’ve always had the glass mine is a Koplin brand. I removed it back earlier when the weather started warming up, but with the weather swings here lately got me wanting to try the fold down version superatv has. Did you ever get satisfaction with yours?
No, but I haven’t called them either. I figured there wasn’t much use, unless they’ll let me return it for a full refund. Which I seriously doubt will happen. But I still regret buying it. Honda hard coat is a lot better and a lot more sturdy.

Reactions: Smitty335
C

coleman4868

No, but I haven’t called them either. I figured there wasn’t much use, unless they’ll let me return it for a full refund. Which I seriously doubt will happen. But I still regret buying it. Honda hard coat is a lot better and a lot more sturdy.

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!